“Chocolate Fountain Rocks!”

Golden Corral
Ranked #3 of 5 Quick Bites in Hesperia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I've seen the commercials many, many times but there was not a location near me. I came here with a group of family members who live near this location. When we drove up I wasn't sure what to expect since the outside looked a little bit run down. However, once I went inside and I was impressed by the amount of food and desserts available. Since we went around noon, they still had some breakfast items. The fried chicken was very good and I have to add the chocolate fountain was excellent. The fountain had all kinds of goodies to dip into the chocolate.

The service was so-so. We were a large group and they were kind of busy since it was a Saturday. I really enjoyed the food and I plan to go back in the future except it will be a different location closer to home.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Wow. Where to begin? There is so much to choose from. I wanted a simple dinner, so I chose the Bourbon Chicken and lots of different steamed vegetables (cooked to perfection, without the buttery stuff added, by the way). I had a great, healthy meal. Then, I had to give in at the dessert station. Oh, well. The best laid plans....... You could have pizza, breads, soups, salad, tacos, meats of all types, really whatever your heart desires. We had a good time there, even though it was very crowded when we went. We had fun with the wait staff as well as folks at nearby tables. A great place to gather.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

There were 6 of us, 4 seniors 2 adults, only 4 drinks but our bill for lunch was 75.00. However we DID fill our bellies, especially the grown grandsons. The salad bar was my favorite, very good, but no baby shrimp. Next was the ham, so tender you could cut it with a fork. Actually I ate so much I was miserable all night but the food was so good and wow the desert bar. The gal was there to refill our sodas and clean our table all the time. She was excellent, left a BIG tip for her too. Yes people even though it is a buffet and you serve your self, the help still works there for you. Don't forget to leave a tip. all in all it was a good, food filling time for all

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great food and friendly service. The restaurant is clean. Great variety of all foods. Many desserts as well.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Driving in, we were greeted with a filthy parking lot. I know it is hot outside and people do not want to clean a parking area for curb appeal, but we almost didn't eat here because of it. It was my birthday and I was all set for a buffet experience. We asked if they do anything for birthdays and the young lady at the register asked who and I told her it was me. She comped my meal! There was never even a mention of it, just did it. Very sweet. Okay, the rest was a living nightmare. I wish I could say it was better. The salad bar (which should usually highlight a buffet) was a mess, stuck in the corner and maybe 8 items to choose from. The lettuce was dry and had seen it's days. I asked for fresh and rinsed and waited 5 minutes until I left. It never came. The baked potatoes were hours old and inedible. The dessert area was a complete meltdown. Messy, unattended and the chocolate fondue is open for the public to stick whatever they choose in there. I witnessed a young boy stick every finger in there and then drip it across the place. Entertaining yes, but sanitary, no! We ate very little and thanked our lucky stars that my meal was comped. I think Golden Corral has ended my love for buffets. I gave 3 stars for the staff that we encountered. The lovely lady at the register and our waitress were both wonderful.

Date of visit: August 2017