“Nice wine, nice venue”

Thumbprint Cellars
Ranked #85 of 175 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our tasting room (the lounge) was established in the Healdsburg Historic Downtown in 2004! We offer an array of wines to taste; from Bordeaux style blends to quintessential Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel. Unique whites such as Viognier and dry gewürztraminer and a stunning rosé offer something for everyone! Come down and experience our comfortable lounge and take home some delicious thumbprint wine! Cheers, Scott Founder/Winemaker thumbprint cellars
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Okay, wine is a very personal thing. These wines work for me. I've been lucky enough to enjoy them over several years and plan to continue. You might like them, too!

This is a fun little tasting venue on the square in downtown Healdsburg. It's nicely decorated including paintings of super heroes with their backs to you. Not knowing really anything about art, I'm not sure what that's about, but it somehow works for this art novice. During the day it feels nicely dark and cool. The kind of place to take a break from the warm day and taste some wine. At night it feels warm and cozy. The staff is very attentive, appropriately engaged, and simply pleasant.

To me, it's the kind of place that when you first pop your head in you might not see a reason to check it out further. Go in, spend a little time, see how it works for you. You may be surprised. The wine is good enough and the place enjoyable enough that I'd drive to Healdsburg just to visit this one place.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Great wines, a nice atmosphere, exceptional staff and customer service! All in downtown Healdsberg! Don't miss an opportunity to stop by this fantastic tasting room and experience some wonderfully made artisanal wines! Love Thumbprint!

Scott L, Owner at Thumbprint Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

You're the BEST, Art! See you again, soon.
Cheers,
Scott

Reviewed 13 April 2016

We visited Thumbprint Cellars on the Wine Country Walking Tours. It was our first stop on the tour, and I ended up coming back after the tour was over to purchase wine and enroll in the club. We tried 3 wines during our tour (all reds), and 4 more when we went back (one red, 2 whites, and a port). Thumbprint had the most wines that I liked, so I joined their club for future shipments.

The atmosphere is cozy and I appreciated the support of local artists by displaying and selling their art. The wine pairings included cheeses, dried cherries, and almonds.

Note that Thumbprint, along with MANY of the tasting rooms in the area, do not have public restrooms due to the laws and regulations for having such in California. This is unfortunate, but if you plan ahead, this is not an issue.

2  Thank Melanie_D002
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Nice place to try the taste. Friendly atmosphere and cozy seating. Interesting art inside, worth checking out interesting art inside, worth checking out.

1  Thank loonalaska