“Change in ownership...not such a good thing.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 7 December 2017

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many many times. This time was different and not in a good way. I will say the staff was great and the common area was clean.
Here are a few of the not so good changes...
The elevator wasn't vacuumed for 3 days and there was lots of stuff in the floor. When I saw that I was surprised because in the past it was always clean. So it made me pay better attention to things. The same black hair was on the wall of our shower for all 4 days. In the past there was lots of options for breakfast and they have discontinued offering almost 1/2 the items. Things like cottage cheese, cut up fruit, cheese for you eggs, potatoes, I think they had salsa as well I personally never used it. We decided to leave 3 of the 4 days to get breakfast elsewhere. We always had breakfast there in the past. I had to go to the front desk and ask every day for a second coffee packet so my husband could also have coffee in our room. Lastly when they came in to make up the rooms they did not replace the soap, shampoo. I did mention it to the manager and it got a little better but I didn't get everything until the 4th/last day.... I pay the same price whether it is my first day or last so I should get the same service. I save the small soaps etc for my local homeless shelters so they are important to me. It looks like they are doing everything to save pennies and lowering the value of the location.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
La Quinta M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hello,

Thank you so much for your input. I apologize that you were having some issues during your stay. Our Houseman make it a point to vacuum the elevator as often as they can. However because we are in a process of renovation the construction people is bringing some debris down and that is why. About the soap, Our procedure is always give 2 soap and 2 shampoo for guest personal use only. If you need more you just have to let us know. I also informed the housekeeping supervisor regarding the hair you found in your bathroom and she is doing everything she can to correct this so it won't happen again. Breakfast, we upgraded our breakfast and added some selection in rotation. We also added our Juices before we only have 2 now we have 4. Some other food mentioned is not our La Quinta Brand standard to have that's why we have to remove them.

Edna Padrid
Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I was sent to do work at a nearby mall. I chose to stay at La Quinta inn n suites as I had heard good things about the place. The rooms are clean and updated. Beds are very comfy and pillows aren’t all flattened out. The manager Hajid went above and beyond to accommodate me on 2 occasions. 1 once in October I had a registration until Thursday and job took longer, the hotel was sold out and he helped me by getting me a room for the extra night. On 11/28/17 after working on the California fire clean up and no days off on my way home to LA I called to see if I could book a room at the price he gave me before and he did. And as a loyal customer he gave me a a free upgrade to a suite. I can’t say enough about great service. The ladies at the morning buffet are great as are the people working the counter. Thanks la Quinta Team!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
La Quinta M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for your rating and compliments. I am glad we have met your expectations. We greatly appreciate your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again.

Edna Padrid
Assistant GM

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The desk clerk name Mara, has great customer service. Due to perfessionalism, my stay at the La Quinta in Oakland was much enjoyable. The hotel housekeeping personell, was very pleasant and curtious as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
La Quinta M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that your stay was up to your satisfaction. I really appreciate the recognition of employees hard work. La Quinta family Thank you for your wonderful review.

Regards!

Sajid Dadabhoai

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I was very pleased with the breakfast, it was excellent. This breakfast had everything, scrambled eggs, sausage which most Continental has only Danish, bagels, yogurt, juice;coffee. Clean establishment & very quiet. Close to shopping mall.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
La Quinta M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Jan B,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your stay. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you again in near future.

Regards!