“Either for the tex mex or real mexican flavor”
Review of Shark Shack

Shark Shack
Ranked #23 of 348 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

This little gem in the downtown Hayward Ca. area, has been our provider of barbacoa, birria and tortas (Mexican sanwiches made on a french dinner roll), and for the tex mex taste my son love their burritos. Attentive and prompt service, tasty food and the owner, Mariano, also does this crazily beautiful watermelon sculptures to call it something understandable, to service catering orders for parties and social events. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Who ever heard of having an actual choice of several different fish tacos? What a treat! They are freshly made, and full of cabbage and tomatoes too. A plate of 2 with rice and beans costs about $10.00
They make their own salsas, and if you request it, they'll bring you some of the hot stuff. Beware: it is indeed fiery (this from a hot sauce aficionado!)

Atmosphere could be spruced up a bit, or at least the harsh flourescent lighting changed. But if you're not requiring ambiance, this is a great place to get your taco fix.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This was my first time eating at this place and i was impressed with the speed of service. Top it off with a HOT YUMMY WET CHICKEN BURRITO at a decent cost. I will be coming back for sure

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Very nice place to eat in, the food is also good so you won't be disapointed in coming here.
We loved the dfferent varriations of mexican food.
The barbacoa is so yummy and we loved it.
You also have burritos and chichimangas but you certainly would like to try the goat birria which is amazing and very tasty. Never had one before and i don't regret to have ordered one last night.
My wife was happy with her different tacos (chicken and beef) cause she is not really adventurous about her food.
Margaritas are great too. Nice choice of cold beers as well.
We'll try it again for sure

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I lived in Hayward for about four years, and never visited this place. It always looked a little pricey to me.

Weeks ago my brother recommended it to me for the barbacoa and the consome, so now that my girlfriend and me were around Hayward, and she wanted to have a Mexican dinner, I remembered my brother's recommendation and drove to El Tiburon.

Just entering the place, we were greeted and seated by the owner (?). No delay and we are served totopos and salsa. They were both very good, tasty and fresh.

To drink, we order a couple of margaritas, which were not very good, they only tasted like iced lemonade, no alcohol. By now the totopos and salsa are over, so the guy serves us the second round.

For dinner, she orders the two fish taco combo, and I go for the barbacoa (half pound) and consome: she loved the tacos, said they were excellent, and the dish was very generously served, she boxed half of it for lunch next day. My barbacoa and consome were also very good, real authentic Mexican flavor. It made me feel like having a weekend almuerzo in Mexico.

The place is very clean, Mexican music, and friendly and efficient service. I would come back to try some other stuff next time I'm in Hayward.