“This is where I go to over eat”
Review of Kokyo Sushi Buffet

Kokyo Sushi Buffet
Ranked #19 of 348 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Leave your self control at home or why go to a buffet? plate 1: Nigiri sushi, Plate 2 Favorite Nigiri and hot foods: steamed fish, dimsum, wonton soap, garlic fried pork chops, prawns....Plate 3: salads: seaweed, seafood, peeled shrimp..

Reviewed 7 March 2017

My parents brought me to a place they often go. It was my first time. The place is on the second floor with typical Asian decoration. The buffet has about five buffet table in the center and two on the side for deserts and three also on the side for sushi. Now the food: It is tasty for the cooked food and the quality is there. The sushi was also good and fresh (you could see the person preparing it). I'll be going there next time I'm in California.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I'm not a huge buffet fan, but my family and I love coming here because they often have crab legs and a great assortment of sushi. We get our money's worth in sashimi and rolls. It's probably the best buffet in the area, especially for seafood. It gets packed pretty quickly, but I always think it's worth the wait if you are hungry!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We like to go on Saturdays as cheaper than Sunday. Good selection of sushi and chinese dishes. Lots of window seating and natural lighting which we prefer. It can be bit crowded at buffet aisle. There are very good at replenishing hot tea. Nice coquilles St. Jacques scallops.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

My go to fill up on comfort food. Wonderful lunch, usually crowded on weekends but such an assortment of delicious sushis and noodle dishes. Fries were soft and pillowy, maybe a tad bit much on seasonings, fish perfectly done. Buffalo wings were addicting and watermelon good. Green beans and brocolli on point. When mixed with the rice noodles and green beans - great stuff 5 stars, went back for three servings. Service was very good, we tipped well.

The only thing I did not care for was the pig's feet. It was not like pork belly tender and not enough sweet vinegar sauce - maybe needed a hour more on cooking time. The salad dressings needed a bit help. Otherwise, we love much of the other foods.