US$161
BestDay.com
  • Pool
El Rancho Inn(Hawthorne)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We were needing a hotel for an overnight stay to fly out of LAX early the next morning. From calling around hotels near LAX, I finally decided on the Ramada. I called, and the staff member was very nice and helpful to make the reservation.

They indicated they do have shuttle service to the airport from 6:30am-9:30pm. Unfortunately, we arrived after 9:30 and had to leave before 6:30, so we didn't get to use the shuttle. We used an Uber from and back to the airport. Of course, leaving LAX was hectic--it took almost 30 minutes just to leave the airport with the traffice after finding our Uber. Next morning, there was no traffic going.

The hotel and room were very basic. But, we were only needing a place to sleep and shower that wasn't a high cost. You can tell this hotel is older, but for us it served just what we needed for a one night stay. The bed was really comfortable, and we didn't experience any street noise. One thing they could improve is the outlet connections--with today of needing to charge devices, they could update this one aspect of providing outlets on the nightstands.

Best part of hotel: Near airport--only about 10-15 minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I used this hotel some time ago and hoped they improved their service. I was wrong. I had to leave this hotel and rebook at another.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I flew to Los Angeles because my brother passed away Oct. 23rd. I stayed at the Ramada Inn thinking this is a clean Hotel. Well, after running around trying to make plans for his funeral and this was my first time making funeral arrangements. I check into my room and it was like 90 degrees and ants in the bathroom and trash can. I take a shower and the shower knobs are broken so I end up taking a somewhat cold shower. I go to the front desk to complain and the desk clerk change my room.
Well, it gets worse, the light in the bathroom was so loud and the phone didn't work. I went to complain again and to the acting manager. I told her I have never experienced so many problems at a Hotel. She acted so unconcerned about the whole situation. The food at the restaurant inside the Hotel was really good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2017

If your are going to use the shuttle be advised that you need to call for pick-up. Don't just go and stand by the "Airport Shuttle" sign. I arrived and was unable to check-in because I was a bit early. I went for a walk and then came back and got checked in.

The room and whole building is dated and feels/smells damp. I was on the top floor east side. Which according to the reception does not have good wifi reception. The safe did not work and the room could have used another cleaning. I tried to go to the BUSINESS CENTER which is literally a chair with a computer that does not work and probably has not worked for some time.

Due to the wifi issue I was moved to another room which was equally as moldy. This room had a working safe BUT also had ants which I didn't realize until I got up the next morning with red blotches all over my legs and saw the parade of ants that were trying to carry off an empty subway bag.

The staff were nice but pretty much all of the so called amenities either did not work or you would not want to use them. The "Gym" had a puddle of water in front of the door which would not open. I looked in and the hot tub did not look like something that I would chance using.

I stayed 2 nights out of necessity but I would never go back. I am a pretty accepting person but this is not a good hotel to stay at. The location is good but you can find something much better for the same price or less.

Please give this hotel a pass, don't let the fact that it is a Ramada fool you.

Room Tip: West side low down if you want to get wifi
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The room smelled, the shower head was leaking water, it didn't feel safe walking in the hallways in the late evening....

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business