“Horrible”

Chinese Friends Fresh Szechuan Kitchen
Ranked #45 of 151 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I usually dont leave bad reviews but the food here was HORRIBLE! My friend and I stumbled upon it after we left the airport and we were starving! Usually when one is very hungry any edible food tastes ok but we had not eaten anything for about 16 hrs and what i ordered tasted horrible. We took two bites ( literally ) and walked across the street to a pollo loco that was there.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Everyone in our group were extremely impressed with the fresh quality and clean taste of the food served in this restaurant. We had a feast experimenting several of their dishes: -steamed fish with ginger, -fried noodles with chicken beef and shrimp, -curry chicken -kao pao chicken, -beef with vegetables, -tofu with ground meat and -braised shrimp. Every dish had its unique flavor and each was delicious! The flavors were not overwhelming and the salt and sweetness were balanced. I can say they were on the healthier side.
The service was outstanding, the servers were professional and seemed to be happy working there, they passed on their smiles to their customers. I observed the kitchen and the manner in which the food was being prepared and all looked clean and sanitary. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I was at Home Depot and it was getting past lunch time. I remembered that I had seen a Chinese place on the corner so I headed back, and I'm glad I did. I was immediately greeted and asked if I was eating in or taking out. With my reply, I was told I could sit anywhere. I took a seat and was handed a menu and asked about a drink. I quickly decided on the Sweet & Sour Chicken as I had already looked at the menu posted outside. The food was prepared and very hot when it arrived. It had a good mix of onions, peppers and chicken, and came it a large scoop of sticky rice, an egg roll, and plenty of sauce. In my opinion, there was actually enough food on the plate to feed two people! I'll be returning again when I'm in the neighborhood.
Enjoy!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Stumbled on this place. Walking by the window saw this giant portion of food. Chicken and broccoli was really good but the bowls look incredible. The food is fresh I really enjoyed this place will be back

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Order the fried rice with assorted meats for 11.95 came out total to $13 even. The rice was not seasons at all no salt or peppers no flavor just plain white rices. The meat didn't tasted right it had a strange smell to it. On the to go box was a black charcoal finger print in the inside lid when I open the box. First time and last time I will come here.

Date of visit: April 2017