All reviews full kitchen pots and pans free laundry facilities front desk one bedroom suite nice hotel free parking long term stay washers and dryers watch tv small lobby holiday inn felt safe and secure business center easy access to the freeway large fridge secure garage
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I chose this hotel primarily because they did not charge extra fees for parking. I booked a studio suite with a queen bed and it was very comfortable. I used the free laundry facilities and to wash and dry my clothes at the end of my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did not spend a lot of time at the hotel. This was my first visit to L.A. I was only there to take a shower and get some sleep. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Inessa U, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear EliteTraveler4Life:
Thank you kindly for posting a review through Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate all of our guests comments both positive and negative, as it allows our management team to review our operations and adapt accordingly. In your case, we couldn't be happier that your stay was great! I'm glad our staff were able to meet your needs, and I'm glad you found the free laundry facility convenient. Since we are truly an extended stay hotel, we believe that the length of time here at our hotel gives you the opportunity to see what we're truly about: clean and comfortable rooms, wonderful service, and great amenities for our guests, such as complimentary wi-fi, fitness and business centers, as well as complimentary laundry and Gazebo area for BBQs with friends and family. Thank you for your wonderful review, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Easy check-in and nice personnel.
Room configured as two double beds, and nice. Except for the padded chair which had several rips and worn spots.
Carpet could use a cleaning, but everything was clean.
There is a fridge, microwave and kitchen plates, bowls etc. available. All working and clean.
The area around the hotel has several fast food restaurants close by. However, the area does have several homeless wandering street. And when I asked at the front desk if it good to walk in the area, they suggested driving might be a better choice.
But we never felt insecure. And there are people monitoring the parking garage area and has a key entry for the garage. I felt very safe, but I do understand the caution.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Inessa U, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Warren C:
Thank you so much for such a detailed review! We all work incredibly hard to make every guest's stay unique and memorable. We value your business as we know you have many choices when choosing a place to stay, and we're glad your stay with us mostly met your expectations. Thank you again for your review, and I hope if you find yourself in the area again, we get the chance to serve you once more. Hopefully, this time we are able to impress you!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We used the Candlewood Suites Hawthorne as the IHG alternative hotel closer to the airport was fully booked. The free shuttle eventually came and we arrived at the Suites in Hawthorne mid evening, approximately 4 miles from LAX airport. The area did not feel particularly safe at night with people sitting on the footpath and corner outside the hotel and adjacent to McDonalds across the road. The hotel itself looks pleasant from the outside, however on entering, the lobby is plain and the corridors are reminiscent of a rest home or hospital. The male on reception was very matter of fact and not particularly welcoming, simply stating 'NAME' when we approached the desk. Our room was clean but hot when we arrived, the air con had not been activated ahead of our arrival. The beds were comfortable, however the level of noise from the elevator on the adjacent wall made it impossible to get an undisturbed sleep throughout the night, which was a real problem after a long international flight. We asked to be moved but the short reply was there were no other rooms available. The air conditioning unit is also noisy when on cool. We would not choose to stay at Candlewood again simply for the reason there was no genuine effort made to resolve our issue, or warn us ahead our room was going to be where it was. The reception lady the following morning was very pleasant and sympathised with us, even acknowledging management should not use this particular room (118) for commercial purpose. Our advice - do not stay here.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator and at the back of the hotel away from the busy road.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank cruizee
Inessa U, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear cruizee:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We always hope our guests have an above average and memorable experience, and it seems we missed our opportunities during your stay to do that. I do want to take this opportunity to personally and sincerely apologize not only for that but for your other inconveniences as mentioned in your review. Thank you again for posting your review. It is very much appreciated by myself as well as the entire management team.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Rooms are clean but hotel is on noisy street, so sleeping can be hard. Internet is really bad and most of the time you cannot even surf.

Hotel van is slow and I had to wait over 45 minutes until I finally gave up and took a cab.

Room Tip: No restaurants, except fast food, are very close.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank nuge744
Inessa U, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear nuge744:
Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on your experience. We greatly appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. Needless to say, I'm less than thrilled about your overall experience being less than expected. The quality of your service is something I will look into personally; and I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while with us. I apologize if we were unable to resolve your internet issues. I thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I understand it was disappointing, but I want to ensure you again this is something I will look into and correct. And I hope your future travels are brighter.
Inessa U.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Up coming new guest may not know about Candlewood Suites. They provide room service in a week. They don't serve any breakfast or doesn't maintain any restaurant. It's not hidden truth. It's like full furnish suite. Cooking facility & relevant logistic supports are available. Spacious room, well maintained, good number & quality of towels can be found at the right area including comfortable bed. Front desk service really prompt paying attention all the times. They do carry small shop for emergency items for 24 hours. According to the property - price are reasonable, which may not true for sure. Other facilities may noted such as complimentary gym, business center, tea / coffee.

Only serious issue is totally unprofessional & rude shuttle driver run by 3rd Party, who doesn't care the staffs. There was an unexpected incident took place with me & I observed that staffs position, specially when she was addressing the issue. I reported to IHG hence, better not state anything rather waiting for IHG's action in this respect.

There many suitable restaurant nearby including Hulu Hulu Hawaiian, so no worries.

Honestly, I strongly recommend who doesn't care about shuttle service.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Inessa U, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Khadem B:
Thank you kindly for posting a review through Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate all of our guests comments, both positive and negative, as it gives our management team the opportunity to review our operations and adapt accordingly. In your case, although we are happy to see you liked the spacious room and other amenities in the hotel, please accept our sincerest apologies for the quality of service provided by the shuttle driver. We certainly will address your concerns with our management team. Thank you again for your review.
Inessa U.