The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)
View Hotel
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
View Hotel
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)
View Hotel
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
Skylonda Lodge(Woodside)
2,235 results
All reviewsfire pitthe ritzclub levelgolf courseguest houseindoor poolvalet parkingnavio restaurantthe cliffbeautiful resorttennis courtsresort feewine barplay golfrose petalsturn down servicemain building
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a beautiful property overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We enjoyed a cold clear day there. There are firepits outside to sit around and enjoy the view of the ocean. A glass of wine or hot chocolate would make it even better! Our room had its own firepit on the deck. The room itself was large and well appointed. The bathroom was quite lovely. I felt that the furnishings and bedding were tired. The restaurant is very good, as is the service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisaleslie
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that this hotel has world-class service. The little touches were really what makes it -- glass of wine upon check in, complimentary coffee in the lounge in the morning, and super friendly staff. Ruben -- the manager on duty when we arrived -- was very helpful in managing a small issue upon check in. This was resolved promptly and professionally and we had no other issues throughout our stay. The concierge was also very helpful with great recommendations for activities and food.

The location is beautiful -- perched overlooking the ocean with the waves crashing in. There is a coastal walking trail that passes right by the hotel along with a really pristine gold course.

We did notice a substantial difference in the rooms that are in the main building as compared to the more distant guest houses. We stayed in the main building and I'm not sure we would have enjoyed our stay as much if we had been more removed from the main building in the guest houses. It's probably ok if the weather is nice but I think it really would be a drag to be so far away when the weather is poor. The hotel is also probably a bit nicer when it's not quite so busy. We were there on a holiday weekend and it did feel a bit crowded. Overall a great stay though and we would definitely recommend this as a weekend destination.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CK107
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Beautiful rooms. We stayed in the cottages overlooking the golf course. The service was amazing. The amenities were beautiful and clean. The property has tennis courts, a pool and mineral spa.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 9 February 2012

During our meeting, the hotel accomodated every need and request we had. Our expectations were exceeded beyond. The grounds were stunning and very well kept.
I have never stayed at a property, where staff were this friendly, passionate (and genuine). Food was OK but I never had an opportunity to dine at any of the restaurants.
Would definitely come back for business as well as a vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My wife and I have been to the property around 10 or so times. I'm writing this review, to talk about our first time this last week bringing kids to the property, which worked out surprisingly well.

We have 3 boys - 7, 5, & 3. We've always marveled at people bringing kids to high end resorts and almost scoffed saying we'd never.

Last Saturday morning, we felt we needed to take a trip or do something with the kids. Opened my Marriott rewards and saw for 50K points, we could stay there. We took a leap of faith and pulled the trigger that morning and left for the hour drive by 2pm.

Best 50K points I've ever used. The staff was incredible, more so than the past even. Not sure if they changed management, but it was so top notch that it pushed me to write this post a week later. Gave kids gifts on arrival, gave us s'mores since we had a room with a fireplace. A bellman, Chris was exceptionally good.

Kids loved it - got a movie in the room, they got to have room service, walked to the beach a couple times, swam in the pool. It opened my eyes that you could have fun with kids at a nice resort. Thanks for helping me see that!

Room Tip: We were in room 439 - overlooking 18th green and ocean. Can look to right to see sunset. It was great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family