“THE place to stay in Guerneville, wonderful accomodations and staff”

Creekside Inn & Resort
Ranked #6 of 13 Guerneville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Gilroy, California
“THE place to stay in Guerneville, wonderful accomodations and staff”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Our group was 2 55+ women friends, also 1 grown daughter and her boyfriend. We were all pleased with great combination of some "rustic" appearance but also immaculate rooms. Young couple enjoyed the attic in the Treehouse, and we found the kitchen very functional, cooking most of our meals there.
Lynn is a local treasure and provided valuable suggestions for activities during our short weekend stay.
Would return again and recommend to any combination of group; young families, 20-somethings, outdoor enthusiasts looking for a comfortable place to land after a day of activities, older folks looking for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: View rooms on great website; call Lynn if questios
  • Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a night there, on a week day: we were driving nearby and picked the Creekside Inn & Resort based on the great reviews it has. It didn't disappoint us. The owner greeted us on our arrival, and walked us to our room. The place was very clean and cosy, with a well equipped kitchen. The gas fireplace is a great feature of the room. We also tried the hot tub, empty at the time. We would definitevley go back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Crescione, Owner at Creekside Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that you were happy. Hope to see you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We stayed at the Creekside's Apple House three nights during our 5th anniversary trip to California. The inn was located near the center of Guerneville which allowed us to easily access the grocery store, local restaurants and wineries. The room was very clean and comfortable with all the efficiencies. Since we stayed during off-peak season, it was totally private. Lynn was a great host that called ahead to the Applewood Restaurant for our reservations. She also was very helpful in providing places to stop during our travel for local delicacies. The Creekside Inn and Resort was a perfect place for us to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Monte Rio, California
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We are locals and had a friend coming into town but don't have a guest room, so we booked 2 suites at Creekside Inn. It was perfect. We were able to talk into the night and then go next door to our own room. Actually, more than a room, more like a condo. Comfy bedroom, living room with futon, kitchen and bathroom, all new and decorated with interesting pieces. A gas fireplace viewed from both living room and bedroom was cool. Free wi-fi was appreciated. New flat screen TVs. Great view of the redwoods. Great people. I can't say enough. This worked out so well that we're going to do this again when friends or family come into town.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We stayed in the Apple House which is a stand alone cottage. It's cute and clean. It was a rainy weekend and the internet service does not reach this cottage, so we went to the main building before dinner to hang out in the living room area where there's a nice fireplace and plenty of comfy chairs, tea, etc. No one else was in there and we were sitting quietly reading. After about an hour, the woman at the front desk (owner?) came in to tell us that this room is only for use of people staying in the B&B part of the property. She was very unfriendly about it, and went so far as to take the tea cup out of my hands. We were paying close to $200 per night and would expect better hospitality for that price.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawnzerly
Crescione, Owner at Creekside Inn & Resort, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
I would like to thank the reviewer for taking the time to comment. I value all reviews, strive to have it all be positive and learn from those that aren’t.

I am extremely sorry that I offended the guests, when explaining the policy to them. If I put myself in their situation I would feel uncomfortable being told that I had intruded on a private space, so I waited as long as I could and tried to be gentle. Though the lounge and dining area are described on our website as for the exclusive use of bed and breakfast guests, I realize people may not have a clear understanding of what the features are for each accommodation. That is why I try to tactfully explain the situation before it becomes a problem. However, it is important that I balance the wants, needs and expectations of one guest against those of another. Our accommodations differ widely and have different amenities. Our cottages and nature’s suites all have kitchens, private baths and in most cases living rooms and some have outdoor screened porches or private deck areas. Most of our rooms in the bed and breakfast are small, and share the use of bathrooms down the hall. In the past, we used to allow cottage guests to use the lounge, we received complaints from the bed and breakfast guests. So, twenty years ago we decided to reserve the lounge and dining room for the exclusive use of our bed and breakfast guests. The inn was not fully occupied and it was raining hard so I choose to allow the guests to remain in the lounge as long as I could and monitor the situation. One guest, staying in a bed and breakfast room, at whose request the fire had been built and who had been reading by it earlier, came down and upon noticing that the space was occupied, returned to the room upstairs. The guest did not complain but I try to be sensitive to guest needs, so I felt that I needed to manage the situation before it was a problem. The office closes at 6:00 pm and is located in the inn, so the lounge would be closed and the building locked, accessible only to those renting rooms in the inn. The tea and coffee services are available in the lounge for guests staying upstairs, who are staying in rooms, unlike the Apple House, which do not have kitchens, private baths or living rooms. I had waited more than an hour beyond the normal closing time so it was time for me to intervene. The guest appeared to be leaving with the empty cup, so I asked if I could have it, as I needed to wash it for the breakfast service the following morning. Once again, I am sorry if I offended them, but I was trying to balance the expectations of all the guests.

Regarding the internet access issue, there is free password protected wireless access in the Apple House. Because wireless reception can be inconsistent we also have a wired connection in the Apple House and most other rooms and a supply of cables to loan. We try to make the guests aware of this in our confirmation information and in the guest directory in the room. We are also happy to help solve problem, if the guest calls the office.

Once again I appreciate the time taken by the reviewer and the kind words about the Apple House appearance and cleanliness.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
20.4 km away
1.2 km away
AutoCamp Russian River
AutoCamp Russian River
#1 of 9 in Guerneville

Been to Creekside Inn & Resort? Share your experiences!