“Hidden gem”

Lil' Bits Cafe
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Grover Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

On our weekend of trying new places, we found a cute little cafe for breakfast. My husband loves biscuits and gravy, so do I, so we try to find a place that has a good sausage gravy. Well we found the place. It’s off the main road in Grover Beach and it sits back in the driveway. We passed by it and turned around. Our waitress was the manager and she was just a sweetheart. Our breakfast was hot, tasty and cooked perfectly. My husband likes to put chili powder on his gravy (yuck!) but he said it was so good it didn’t need it! That is the biggest compliment next to him telling her we’ll be back.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

On a road trip and local friend recommended this as place to meet for breakfast. Loved this cozy place where they are creative in making the most of a small place. Great food and selections. Generous portions... can't go wrong in choices. Will return next trip. Also close to the pier

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are on an RV adventure and found this great place. Service is friendly, the atmosphere is casual and the food delicious. The “old popeye” was fantastic. They layer eggs spinach mushrooms and bacon over home fries and cover with cheese. Yum!Coffee fresh. Way too much food. Biscuits were fluffy and gravy creamy and white. Not too salty.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I love breakfast. This place has the best I have ever had. Truly. I own a beach house in Pismo and whenever i am here (which is half my time now that I am retired), I order breakfast here. Best home made chili. Omelets and potatoes TDF. Service is fast and excellent. Sometimes i eat there. Sometimes i order take out. Either way, the food is simply unbeatable. Oh, and did i mention the biscuits? Flakey, crusty, moist in center. Also the best. And to top it off, they never miss. Every meal is tip top. I generally eat 1/2 or 1/3 and save the rest for the next day.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is one of the best places if you want a great home cooked meal. The restaurant is really small and there is normally a wait but it is so worth it. Once seated the service is friendly and welcoming. Once you order the food is served pretty quickly. The portions are huge. The biscuits and gravy are a must have. Ask for their homemade jelly and salsa. I know it sounds horrible but the combination is so good. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.