Hotel Charlotte(Groveland)(Great Value!)
US$397
US$353
Rush Creek Lodge
US$190
The Groveland Hotel(Groveland)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hotels.com
Yosemite Westgate Lodge(Groveland)(Great Value!)
US$204
Priceline
US$226
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2015

We stayed here as part of our 3-weeks trip in the US. This was by far the worst experience we had. We had, like everybody else, to travel between the ranch and Groveland for about everything. Although when booking it says that check-in is possible until 22:00, we had to rush from Groveland to the ranch at around 18:00, or we risked not to get the keys... And then we met Ann and her many rules (which were accompanied by an inquisitive look as if she was speaking to a 6-year-old with scissors in his hands): Do not touch this, do not open that door, do not go there, do not use the kitchen, do this, do that... I am 30 years old and we paid good money for that room, I do not need to be treated like a teenager on a sleep-over. Also telling us not to talk to the neighbour was not providing the right holiday-mood. And then there was "breakfast": a lunch-pack (another childhood flashback) containing one cookie (which had expired a month ago), one yoghurt and an apple. Is that supposed to get me through the morning? Again, 30 years old, not 6! For the price we paid the room was not what you would expect; it was rather old (which would have been ok for an adequate price), not super-clean (there was a bug ironed onto my blanket) and rather small. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: Somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J. Miguel R
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Comfortable, quiet, open space setting. Traveling alone, I wanted a cozy safe place to stay. Manager and staff at Big Creek Meadow Ranch did everything they could to make me fell welcome and cared for.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2015

The location is lovely, I enjoyed watching the moon come up over the mountains from the veranda at the back, while cuddly the farm cats who were reasonably friendly. House and room were clean and well kept, in a pleasant 'homely' style. The breakfast was nice and included cooked burger, ham and eggs, as well as fruit and toast or muffin.

2 things let the place down. Firstly the ridiculous check in process, having to go into a hotel in Groveland (6 miles away), with a very restricted check in window. We arrived in Groveland at noon, couldn't check in so we got some lunch and drive to Yosemite, which is over an hours drive away. We then had to cut our visit short to ensure we got back to Groveland for 6pm to check in. Bizarrely, we didn't even get our keys there, just did an ID check and I was given my credit card receipt (I'd paid when I booked, some 5 months in advance). I can see no reason why that couldn't have been done at Big Creek itself, with a much less restrictive timetable. (There were staff at Bug Creek when we arrived much later, having again eaten in Groveland).

Second issue was the wifi, which worked for about an hour after we got there, then went down and apparently couldn't be resurrected. From conversation with the staff, this appears to be a regular occurrence. The information on the accommodation should say that wifi **may be ** available. If like us you are visiting from abroad and decided not to pay huge sums to your phone company for roaming data, it's frustrating not to be able to log on through the wifi.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank LesleyAmazon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Should have checked all reviews here before thinking about staying at Big Creek Meadow Ranch.

I looked at them, since they had something very close to Hwy 120 - meadows area where we were planning to be the next morning. I put in reservation information including my credit card and then saw that they have issues with late arrivals, so within 2 minutes of putting in my reservation request, I called the phone number listed on their website. I spoke with Debbie, who said she has not yet made the reservation. I asked her to not make the reservation. I also sent out an email to the email address listed on their site. I got no confirmation of reservation, I got no reply to my email - I assumed that the matter was settled.

We just received our credit card statement that shows a cancellation fee. When I called and spoke with the owner, the owner said to me that our policies clearly state that there is a cancellation fee.

One would understand a cancellation fee if there was a reservation made.

What about non-response to email?

We are in the year 2014 and we have come to expect clear and frequent communications with potential customers. FYI, the reservation was being made for a stay more than a month out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NeemCR
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great location for the national parks, shame they were closed when we stayed. We enjoyed our stay every thing was clean, very friendly people. If you like the country side this is the place to be. We were 3 people to a room with plenty of space.

Room Tip: We only saw one so can not give any advice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family