See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Comfortable, quiet, open space setting. Traveling alone, I wanted a cozy safe place to stay. Manager and staff at Big Creek Meadow Ranch did everything they could to make me fell welcome and cared for.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2015

The location is lovely, I enjoyed watching the moon come up over the mountains from the veranda at the back, while cuddly the farm cats who were reasonably friendly. House and room were clean and well kept, in a pleasant 'homely' style. The breakfast was nice and included cooked burger, ham and eggs, as well as fruit and toast or muffin.

2 things let the place down. Firstly the ridiculous check in process, having to go into a hotel in Groveland (6 miles away), with a very restricted check in window. We arrived in Groveland at noon, couldn't check in so we got some lunch and drive to Yosemite, which is over an hours drive away. We then had to cut our visit short to ensure we got back to Groveland for 6pm to check in. Bizarrely, we didn't even get our keys there, just did an ID check and I was given my credit card receipt (I'd paid when I booked, some 5 months in advance). I can see no reason why that couldn't have been done at Big Creek itself, with a much less restrictive timetable. (There were staff at Bug Creek when we arrived much later, having again eaten in Groveland).

Second issue was the wifi, which worked for about an hour after we got there, then went down and apparently couldn't be resurrected. From conversation with the staff, this appears to be a regular occurrence. The information on the accommodation should say that wifi **may be ** available. If like us you are visiting from abroad and decided not to pay huge sums to your phone company for roaming data, it's frustrating not to be able to log on through the wifi.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank LesleyAmazon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Should have checked all reviews here before thinking about staying at Big Creek Meadow Ranch.

I looked at them, since they had something very close to Hwy 120 - meadows area where we were planning to be the next morning. I put in reservation information including my credit card and then saw that they have issues with late arrivals, so within 2 minutes of putting in my reservation request, I called the phone number listed on their website. I spoke with Debbie, who said she has not yet made the reservation. I asked her to not make the reservation. I also sent out an email to the email address listed on their site. I got no confirmation of reservation, I got no reply to my email - I assumed that the matter was settled.

We just received our credit card statement that shows a cancellation fee. When I called and spoke with the owner, the owner said to me that our policies clearly state that there is a cancellation fee.

One would understand a cancellation fee if there was a reservation made.

What about non-response to email?

We are in the year 2014 and we have come to expect clear and frequent communications with potential customers. FYI, the reservation was being made for a stay more than a month out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NeemCR
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great location for the national parks, shame they were closed when we stayed. We enjoyed our stay every thing was clean, very friendly people. If you like the country side this is the place to be. We were 3 people to a room with plenty of space.

Room Tip: We only saw one so can not give any advice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

So glad to hear the Big Meadow Creek Ranch had not been touched by the recent Rim fire. Also, that the wonderful girls who help run the ranch are OK. They were so kind to us and recommended that we visit the local Rainbow pool. Our boys loved it and it became a highlight of our trip! Great tip girls!

Room Tip: Every room has a different style but the beds were so comfortable. We had been camping in Yosemite for several days and it was a nice break from camping. The breakfast prepared for us by Sidney and Sarah was delicious and they were such nice company. They made a recommendation that we stop at a local swimming hole Rainbow Pool and it was one of the highlights of our trip. I was sad to learn that the swimming hole was affected by the recent rim fire, but glad to hear that the Ranch was not touched by fire.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family