“A great night! ”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Golden Spur has been in business for 95 years serving and entertaining the "who's who" along the Citrus Valley. We have a simple straight forward philosophy – provide excellent food and service, don't fix what isn't broken, and always have fun!At this neighborhood classic, we specialize in seafood and steaks. Our classic cuts are cheese stuffed filet mignon with a Cabernet reduction, New York Steak, and our famous slow-roasted prime rib. Our seafood ranges from northern halibut, sea bass, salmon, orange roughy, and swordfish to jumbo diver scallops, oysters, and pan roasted mussels. Our chef has also created our own signature desserts, flourless chocolate decadence cake, classic crème brulee, and our famous Golden Spur cheesecake.Don’t miss out on our live entertainment! We have live guitar on Monday, open mic on Tuesday, Country and Western line dancing on Wednesday, karaoke on Thursday, and a live band on Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I love this place! I have been going here for years, for celebrations and just for dinner. This night was a celebration for my son. The service is always great. The ambiance is good. It was a Friday and they had live music.
We always get the cheese bread. It is to die for. Their drinks are great with their full bar. I ordered a wedge salad and the salmon dinner. Both were great as usual. Everyone else liked their dishes as well.
As we were leaving, we noticed the room with the live music was packed.
I will continue going here!

Reviewed 13 June 2016

I decided to drive the Route 66 in Glendora, what an incredible restaurant experience. There have got to be over 20 really good places to eat in a 1 mile area. I liked the old diplated look of the Golden Spur (Probably looks great in the dark), so we went in. I thought it would be all "Western" type of food and boy was I surprised. Everything from grilled calamari to stuffed pork loin chops. Almost more than you can eat at one sitting. Really liked it.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Old school since 1918. This place has been around for a long time, it's still serving up those famous steaks. We arrived on a Saturday night with reservations and they were very busy at 800pm. They told us the wait will be longer than usual to get out the food, we didn't mind because we were not about to go look for another restaurant. We placed our orders and food ended up being pretty good, not the best out there mind you, but good. The service was great considering how busy they were. It's a fun place to hang out even if you just want a drink at the bar and watch the live entertainment.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We have come here on and off for a long time. It is a cozy place to see live music and do karaoke. The food is average and the prices are on the steep side. I had their $27 steak and it was average size and only okay in flavor. We even had trouble getting bread refills. On another visit, we tried out their italian buffet. The buffet was an overstatement. There were only 4 big tins of food choices and the quality was questionable for the high price. The waitresses could also be a little testy. Which does not help. It is a family run restaurant and has been a long time tradition in the area. That is why I think most of the patrons who frequent it are regulars from over the decades. Despite the food and price issues, it is still a nice place to come and have a drink. The decor is a nice desert western theme and during the Christmas holidays, they do a great job decking out the place with endless colored lights. It truly is beautiful! Try it out and judge for yourself.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

We had gone here a fair amount before the new owner bought it a few years back. Heard some things from people after it had new owners a few years back so we stayed away. Well decided to try again on our Anniversary I had the Swordfish and it was out standing. My wife had a Filet Mignon and it was just ok. There are a few things that have changed but all in all the food was good. We went early and they were not crowded at all. I would have thought that the service would have been a bit quicker. Don't get me wrong we enjoy taking our time at dinner at a nice restaurant, but when you have to go to the bar and ask for a drink, and go to the receptionist and ask for your check there is a problem. Service was a bit slow