All reviewsboutique hotelfree parkingfirst floorwalk upstairscarry your luggagethe check in deskbuilding next doorcomfortable bedwithin walking distancecouple blocksglendale galleriashort stayenjoyed my stayelevatorboaamericanacalifornia
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Extremely disappointed to have to write this review. Stayed here with my sister for a woman’s conference in April! We booked two nights and were excited for our time together. The employees we encountered were kind and friendly, but you could tell they have not been managed well. They have no authority to help accommodate the guests. Our first night at 10pm- the smoke alarm began to chirp every few minutes. We contacted the front desk- who kindly brought the wrong batteries up. My sister and I are literally standing on the bed trying to fix the smoke detector so we can go to sleep. He did not have the right batteries nor tools to do it. He asked if the chirping would keep us up. WHAT?! Yes of course it would! I asked for a new room to sleep in, and he said they had one available. It was a smaller room and smaller bed than we paid for but gladly took it for the night so we could sleep. The next morning we were back in our original room and as I was showering, I heard the door open. I screamed because we were both not dressed but a maintenance man was walking in to switch the battery of the smoke detector- he hadn’t even knocked!! That next day I asked the front desk to discount our stay due to our experience and she said she was unable to. I asked to speak to her manager, but he was “busy”. I quickly caught on that Jay, the manager would never be available. Every time I asked to speak with him, he was at lunch. His employees would avoid eye contact and hesitate when I asked when Jay would be available. After checking out, with no compensation- I continued to call the hotel to speak with the manager Jay. I literally called four times and each time I said who I was, the employee said Jay was On “lunch break”. I finally asked how else I could get ahold of him. They said to email. I emailed Jay, and to this day still have never received a phone call or email back. How sad! What POOR customer service from the Manager!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kaitlyn C
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Parking is in the back and belongs to bank of America, not my cup of tea. however, room was clean, hallway quiet and air conditioner a little noisy. I liked the climbing of stairs to check in. Staff was friendly and kindly provided me with a toothbrush.

Room Tip: don't get the room by the rear entrance, anytime any guest opens that door you know it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Wow, I'm surprised this hotel has such low ratings! Not gonna lie, I was quite skeptical myself. But I needed to book a room that is close to the location where I will be taking my stateboard exam and a few classmates had stayed here before so I decided to go with them. I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews about no elevators and a shared parking structure.

First off, this hotel was very helpful in answering my questions. I gave them a call prior to coming to see where I could park. They informed me that if I check in before 6pm, I have to park in the Sears parking structure which is on the corner of Orange & California (about a block away, but not too bad of a walk). If I check in after 6pm then the Bank of America parking structure becomes public parking. Since I was checking in at 3pm, I had to park at the Sears structure. The hotel itself is located right next to Bank of America and has a nice ole charm to it. It is conveniently located to MANY local shops and eateries. I wished I could've stayed there longer and just walk around downtown. Once you enter the hotel, you walk up a flight of stairs to check-in. Immediately after I opened the door, the guy rushed down to ask if I needed help with my luggage. They have cameras everywhere so they can see you coming in. The process of checking in/checking out was fairly quick and easy. Lucky for me, my room was on the same floor so I didn't have to climb anymore stairs.

The room is small, but COZY! It was perfect for me as I was only staying for one night. It felt more like staying in my own bedroom than staying in a hotel due to how cute and cozy it was. The AC gets the job done, though it can be pretty loud. For $160/night, it was kinda pricey, but I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank wendyh89
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Hard to find as it’s a second floor location and has poor signage. To enter you have to climb up a flight of very steep stairs, with luggage it’s dangerous. If you are elderly - forget it.
Check-in staff was okay, not friendly.
Room was okay, nothing overly special. TV was fussy to work and I had a view of a roof top.
Free parking and a great location are the pluses to this boutique hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very close to Americana. It has parking next to the hotel building. Rooms are ordinary, clean, quite small, a bit dark. We stayed in the hotel for two days. There is no elevator, and the reception is on a quite high second floor. So you need to be prepared to walk upstairs/downstairs. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family