All reviews front desk nice hotel hilton garden minute drive i highly recommend this hotel clean rooms complimentary breakfast easy access french toast great room great place to stay morgan hill garlic festival convenient location san jose waffles hgi
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband sent me here for a getaway weekend for time alone and shopping. What I noticed first was that I wasn't even greeted upon arrival . I had to get the attention of the two individuals working the desk (even though no one else was in the lobby). When I checked in, I wasn't told about breakfast, I wasn't given a wifi code, I was only given my key. I didn't even merit an "enjoy your stay". I did ask specifically at check-in to have a room on the top floor. Couldn't do it for some reason even though he said they were only half full. I then asked if it was possible to get a room with no one above me, I was told certainly, as they were not very full. (Why I couldn't have the room above my third floor room was beyond me) Anyway, I ended up having a family above me that sounded like a herd of elephants.
In any dealings I had with staff, to ask questions, calling to get my wifi code, etc., they were extremely unfriendly, as if I was keeping them from their work for the two seconds it took to answer me. For $129 for one person, I sure expected a lot more "luxury". I enjoy my stay at the holiday inn express far more and they even provide breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ustravelermom
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We spent one night here while driving through on our way to Monterey, CA. The hotel
was a little pricey at $169, but the rooms were very nice, roomy, with a very comfortable
bed. This hotel had a nice exercise area, and a cook to order breakfast. While my stay
here was pleasant, and I have no complaints with the hotel, if I was traveling through
again, I would see if I could find something a little less pricey, especially since this is
not a vacation destination, but is only a place to stay while in transit.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2009

The property is an older HGI but standard issue other than the pool is outside. No pool towels was odd.

While the rooms are ok they cut corners.No management staff on duty at all night or day apparently trying to save money.

The breakfast service was awful. Their hot breakfast consisted of fruit and danish. No bacon, sausage or eggs. Lines of customers and the chef/cook was ignoring everyone. Not sure if he was cooking hot items for later diners or not. Very confusing and no one to address customers.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We stopped in Gilroy before going down the California coast. A lot of the hotels in the coastal resorts have big price hikes at the weekend so we decided to stay in Gilroy where prices were 40% cheaper on a Saturday night. We wanted to do some shopping there so the Hilton Garden Inn seemed like a good choice. Even though our room was close to the freeway we slept fine, it wasn't too noisy. The hotel was clean and the room was perfectly fine. We had a good breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe around the corner then hit the more expensive resorts from Sunday to Thursday when rooms are cheaper. Overall a good choice if you're in the area and want somewhere to spend the night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

People at the front desk were great. Very helpful with places to eat.Now the room was something else! Turned on the heat and it had cool air for about 10 minutes. This was enough time for a an attendant to come into the room and tell me the heater was like a car heater "it takes time for it to heat up." I stayed in Monterey and that hotel's heater worked fine. The bedspread was stained .The shower head fell off. I noticed a chip in the tub. This was probally caused by the shower head falling off prior to our stay. No fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple