See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I think it is an excellent value. I like the location which is a little off the beaten path. There is a TV but not connected to the outside world. The proprietors furnished us with DVD movies to play. The rooms could use a little updating. I was able to use my cell phone through Sprint. The motel manager (I think) named Tara was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobandCyn
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. This hotel also has people who live there. These people sit outside their room and smoke. Most of the rooms smell like smoke (our daughter is allergic to smoke and we had requested a non smoking room but the room was very smokey). The extra bed that we had to pay for was lumpy and very stained. It was disgusting. then to top it off, Two of the three mornings, one of the "residents" came back drunk and actually hit a car in the parking lot. We saw the first car get hit from our room. Then the second car that got hit was with our group and we were standing right there when it happened. The driver was drunk and when somebody approached them, they got angry and started yelling so we called the police just to be told that it would be up to 1 1/2 hours before they could get there. We had to move on. The person in the main office was in tears because she was afraid that we would give them a bad review. I would never stay there again. I would actually give this zero stars if I could.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank idamay041
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have stayed here a few times now while in the area on business. The facilities are simple but clean. Staffed by owners I believe.

No phone in room and the only mobile carrier in the area is Verizon. This didn't bother me but might for others.

As mentioned by others the driveway and parking are a bit tight so call ahead and ask if they have alternative parking. They might have an agreement with the car wash next door. It wouldn't surprise me.

Beds are as good as I would expect for the price. Linens were clean but a tad rough/course. Not enough so to disturb me... Just enough to notice.

Despite old fashioned key locks vs. Card keys, check out is super simple. Just leave key in room, open drapes and put maid sign on door.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank valueseekerman
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Hilltop is not the Ritz! The proprietors were very friendly and efficient, the room and grounds were very clean, but not the poshest decor. Our room was spacious and had all the necessary amenities, but not luxurious. Parking is tight, and the driveway entrance is a little odd, and not recommended if you have a trailer. Given that the other options in town are B&B's and/or shared bath rooms at half-again what we paid at Hilltop, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nena B
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The HILLTOP MOTEL has a beautiful and quiet surounding. The managers are curtious and very friendly. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The grounds are kept nice.GEORGETOWN is a great place to go for siteseeing and outdoor adventure. I would recomend this motel if in area. I will return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple