“Excellent Mexican Food in the South Bay!”

La Villa Mexican Food Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 327 Restaurants in Gardena
Reviewed 18 April 2018

My wife and I have been coming to La Villa for many years and just decided this evening that it's time to write a review. This is a local place on Crenshaw in Gardena. A word of warning: heed the signage regarding parking on Crenshaw before 6PM. There is a small lot behind the restaurant with limited parking. Parking will be the only problem you will encounter at La Villa.

The food and the service are both excellent! Very friendly, professional staff. The value for your dollar is outstanding. For example, this evening the daily special was 1- cheese enchilada, 1- flauta w/cream cheese and guacamole, a very generous portion of rice & beans, plus a choice of soup or salad.... all for $7.99! How can you possible beat that?

Tonight I had the #6 combination dinner (my favorite!)... It came with 1- beef taco, 1- pork tamale, 1- cheese enchilada, and the aforementioned rice & beans. Believe me, this is a FULL plate! Cost: $10.99! Considering they start you off with complimentary chips w/salsa and bean-dip - you will not leave hungry! Everything is flavorful; served hot and delicious! My wife (commendably adhering to her diet following a sojourn to New Orleans - you know what I mean?) limited herself to a dry bean & cheese burrito for just $6.99. She shared my rice & beans which were really more than enough for two people. Without drinks, the total bill was less than $20.00! In my opinion, the best value in the South Bay!

La Villa is a local, casual place - nothing fancy. However, the food, the service, and the value make it an outstanding bargain. They also offer a wide variety of beers and soft drinks. I love this place!

If you are in the mood for some great Mexican food, along with great service and true value, you could do much worse than La Villa.

I highly recommend it!

Thank J. W

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Ive been eating at LaVilla Gardena for over 20 years. Always the same friendly service and incredible food.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Heard from a couple of people that this place had excellent food, salsa and chips.
Went out of our way to go there for lunch and were disappointed. It was just OK. The salsa, chips rice and beans were all OK. The Chile relleno was just OK and the sauce that covered the enchiladas was nothing special. I would rather go to Raul's on Inglewood ave in Hawthorne. They have fantastic food and prices. Will go back Raul's and forget this place.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

La Villa has been serving great meals for many years. Extremely amiable service beyond the norm. If you are looking for a solid, down-to-earth, home style Mexican meal, this is the best. Stay away from those new, upscale, $$$, restaurants with mediocre fast food taste.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

This place has been around for decades. It was dinner time and we had no reservations but had no problem obtaining a seat on arrival. We ordered The Villa Burrito, chicken mole plate, roasted jalapenos, and one coca cola. I asked for my burrito to include the spiciest salsa, but it was not hot and spicy at all. Overall the food was good, if you don't mind gringo style Mexican food. The service was top notch, you could not ask for better service. The unlimited and I do mean unlimited served in a small pitcher soda was just that, more than enough. They are not stingy with their soda service. If your looking for a gringo Mexican meal skip the Acapulco restaurant and come here instead you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Creeping_Death_LA