“Don't stay here!”
Review of Lone Pine Motel

Lone Pine Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Garberville
Lone Pine Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Garberville
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We were going to camp, but this weekend the campsite was closed due to a storm, so we'd no option but to book a motel. This one was $110/night. Not expensive, but definitely not even worth half the price. The coffee maker was broken, the toilet was broken, the bedside lamp was 3 prong, so we couldn't plug it into the wall. The carpets were filthy. The bathroom shower was dirty, rusty and it took 10 minutes for the water to warm up (feel guilty bout that). The microwave hadn't been cleaned and the fridge light was broken. I should have slept on top of the bed, coz I still feel a bit itchy from the whole experience. Oh and the room stank of smoke.

Room Tip: Don't stay here..read the reviews and believe them.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

My mom and I had been driving for 13 hours down the coast from Portland and couldn't drive anymore. Everywhere else was at capacity, so we found this small place for cheap. We walked in and couldn't believe our eyes. We tried to convince ourselves we could stay for just one night, but after making our way around the room and to the bathroom we grabbed our stuff, turned in our key and left. We didn't even stay for 10 minutes. It made us itch just being in the room. Door was almost falling off along with its knob, walls were marked stained and discolored, carpets were gunky and gross, and the bathroom had hardly been cleaned. The cupboard doors didn't even fully cover the opening on the cabinets. We sadly didn't read reviews prior to stopping. Thinking about reporting the place to someone for health code violations. Please for your own sake don't even pull in the drive.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyce N
Reviewed 19 August 2015

My family and I were headed home from a camping trip up north. I didn't want to drive in the dark and needed a place to crash for the night. The Best Western was booked and Lone Pine Motel was the next on the strand. They had a room, so I took it. The East Indian fellow (the owner I believe) was nice enough, albeit a little shifty in that guarded suspicious kind of way. $89 and a $40 returnable deposit got me a room with a king size bed, a broken television set, and a swarm of mosquitos in the bathroom. The room reeked of smoke, and there were burn holes in the bedspread. The sheets seemed clean, but there were flecks of something on them which was kind of gross. I had sleeping bags in the car from camping, and even though they were a bit dirty from 4 days of camping, I opted to use them over the hotel's bedding. The walls are thin. Wear socks or slippers or the carpet will turn your feel black. Positives: The fridge worked. The A/C wall unit worked, and there was hot water. That's about the best I can say about the place. Like I said, we needed a place to crash for the night, and it gave us that.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2014 via mobile

This motel is one of the worst we have ever stayed in while travelling in the USA. It is really old and tired and run down. The outside looks okay, but check your room before you pay -stupidly we didn't... Our room smelled like an old wet dog and the electrical fittings were easily older than 1970! I was scared to turn then on! Worst of all the walls are paper thin - we had a guy in the room on one side who was on his phone shouting all night about football and baseball (he thinks "the NY Jets stink like crazy so far this season" - probably somewhat as stinky as our room!) and the couple on the other side had repeated sex sessions so loud and clear I could tell how satisfying and deep her husband/ partner/ boyfriend/ gigolo was "doing her deep and hard". All in all, this place is best avoided - there are other motels in town. Otherwise, drive on to the next town. Really ... !

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Room and furniture are decrepit and dirty. Found several mosquito's flying in room. Found pot on floor from previous occupant so room was not vacuumed. Faint old smoke odor. When we first arrived windows were wide open with screens half off. Slimey feel to room.

• Stayed: July 2014