“Good stay.”

Extended Stay America - Fresno - North
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Witnessed excellent customer service given by Victoria under difficult situation. Good job Victoria. Customer was upset regarding the incidental room charges. Victoria calmly and professionally attempted to explain the policy despite a lobby full of customers waiting to check in.

Room Tip: If you want to do your own cooking you need to ask for Pots and pans as they aren't in the room...
Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us and that our associates left you with a good impression of our hotel. I will be sure to share your compliments with Victoria for a job well done! It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

FILTHY FILTHY FILTHY!! The room and bedding was filthy upon arrival. I contacted the front desk to ask for clean bedding and they stated they do not clean the rooms during your stay and I could bring the bedding down stairs and switch out for new bedding. I had to change the bedding myself.... augh ewww yuck. The pillows were all stained yellow...

Room Tip: other co workers agreed all rooms were filthy.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

We sincerely apologize for your disappointment with your stay at our hotel. Since we are an extended stay property, our housekeeping service is designed and done on a weekly basis to respect the privacy of our long term guests to offer minimal intrusion to their home-like stay. However, this service is always available upon request for a nominal fee. We have shared your comments with our team to ensure clear communications going forward. We hope you will consider us again.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Imagine arriving at a hotel after a long night of driving. It's midnight, and you're eager to crawl into bed to catch some zzz's ahead of another long day.

You schlep your luggage to the front desk...but only to be told that your "reservation" is a lie - because the hotel overbooked themselves and don't have any rooms left. It's the fault of Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, etc, they say, not ours. Good luck finding a new room, says Antoine.

That's what happened to me tonight. I'm writing this as I'm sitting in my car on the phone with Priceline; they're helpfully finding me another room in the area.

So what happened, exactly? Well, Extended Stay forgot to "close" their inventory for tonight, which meant that all the online booking sites continued to accept reservations.

Okay, mistakes happen.

What I can't forgive, however, are two things: 1.) Extended Stay didn't bother to call and notify me ahead of time (of which they had plenty!) and 2.) lied to cover their derrière by blaming the travel websites. See all the nice, professional replies from the hotel here, in response to complaints about dirty sheets and whatnot? Given this hotel's unprofessionalism tonight, I doubt they're being truly sincere.

At the end, Priceline saved me from sleeping in my car tonight. They hooked me up with a room down the street at Hampton Inn (an upgrade in quality!), covered the difference, *and* refunded my booking fee. Whoa, Christmas came early. Moral of the story - don't bother booking at Extended Stay, b/c the reservation might go bye-bye. And if you do book, maybe they'll do you the favor of cancelling your reservation so you'll get to stay somewhere much better.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

I apologize for the disappointing experience you had with us. We are terribly sorry about the issues you encountered with your reservation, and even more that we did not appropriately correct the situation. Your comments have been discussed with the team, and we are reviewing our procedures so this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another chance to make this up to you and demonstrate excellent hospitality from our team.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Needed a place to stay due to house renovations for a week. Booked a non smoking room online when we arrived only a smoking room available. Second day there wife was locked out of room. Since her name wasn't on account they refused to let her in without me being there. Decided I needed an eighth day so paid for it at 3pm. Same situation wife needed to be let in room while I was away. Called the front desk and they refused to let her in. Said I didn't pay for another night. Receipt was in hotel room. I was upset and angry with this after all it's over $800 and they messed up twice. Had to quit renovations, send contractor home, and return to present receipt. Attended claimed it was not showing up on her screen and she decided to call the cops claiming I threatened her and she feared for her life. Sad part is when the cops came they told me I had to leave because it was a civil matter. When I finally get into my room I show cops the receipt showing her mistake. Cops changed their tune. They decided to write a complete police report. Attended then changed story stating their is a deposit on top of extra day needed. Mind you she already charged a deposit a week ago. So I went next door to the Marriott at 1am became the attended felt threatened by a receipt.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond A
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Thank you for your review of your stay at our Extended Stay America-Fresno North. We always want to hear from our guests. It helps us to know what we are doing right and where we need to make improvements. I am sorry to hear that there was confusion with your payment. I would like to discuss this matter with you please contact me at FRN@extendedstay.com at your earliest convenience. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

great stay ever with great extended team that professionally trained kitchen accessories available in seconds laundry there just whenever you need great shopping location lots of food places easy access to highway and more

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to see you enjoyed the amenities provide by our hotel, especially the laundry facilities on site and the fully equipped kitchen in your room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.