“Finally, a quiet hotel”
Review of Courtyard Fresno

Courtyard Fresno
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 1 October 2017

After experiencing different levels at noise at the previous 3 hotels we stayed during this California and Nevada trip, we were so pleased to discover, after arriving late at night that no major noise occurred during our stay with the exception of the family next door that had a loud girl as they arrived but quickly calmed down. As we changed rooms, as the first room was not far from elevators and assumed that we might get disturbed during the night because of this, we discovered the second room had not been properly done!!! We noticed two pillows to be ruffled and not properly presented and later found a flight tag from an internal US flight in the otherwise clean baskets, proved that somebody stayed in the room. The late night house keeping chose to change the sheets and I helped the poor guy do that who concluded himself that indeed the day staff did not do their jobs properly.

Apart from that we had nothing to complain about as the room was very quiet, overlooking the internal courtyard with the swimming pool, the bedding and pillows were great, our room 344 was large with kettle and large TV screen, plus sink and further bathroom with kiddi bath, good towels although few toiletries maybe because of the above mentioned omission.

All in all we could not complain much as a good night sleep was the most important thing for us especially if you are all day on the road as we chose this hotel as base for visiting Sequoia and Kings canyon park and after Yosemite park. The reception was apologetic although I could not understand why, in such a sleepy town with 25% hotel occupancy, they would chose not to keep our requests for a quiet room as we sent well in advance via email, due to being members of the hotel group. A bit lazy of them.....

Also the hotel was difficult to find, even with google directions as it is not right on E Shaw Avenue but one 'area building' to be built away - at this moment in time that area is yet to be developed, which confused us a bit. Secure parking is on both sides of the hotel, one side is overlooking Yosemite Freeway and lots of restaurants are nearby. We witness the aftermath of an accident right near the hotel as a person rammed the car onto the other person's car, thing which we noticed 4 times during this US trip with people breaking in the last minute and the car behind not leaving enough space between the cars. Then long queues forming as people slow down to look at the accident with the police not asking them to respect the usual motorway speed!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The Courtyard Marriott Fresno is an easily accessible facility that is well-kept. The rooms are spacious and had desks with ample work space and electrical outlets. USB charging ports are also available. The rooms have a love seat that is comfortable and nice for relaxing. The rooms on the upper floors have balconies while the lower rooms have small terraces. The outdoor pool has a nice surrounding sitting area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The beds are comfortable and the staff is very friendly. However, the hotel is old. The bathrooms need a complete remodel and so do the ceilings. New drapes would also be nice. They do have a restaurant that does do a fairly good job. Most courtyards do not have this nice of a restaurant. The hotel was surprisingly quiet but I did ask to be on the non freeway side.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Pam P, Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Greetings Chiili
Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding our beds and our staff.
We also appreciate your feedback about the hotel. I am sorry we were not able to meet
your expectations but I do hope that if you are ever in our area again you will give us another try.

Sincerely
Pam P

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I stayed at this Marriot Property since I was road tripping across California and needed a place to rest my head.
Upon check in I asked for a room upgrade and the young lady at reception said “This is not a Hilton, and besides you’re only a silver elite member”. I felt offended but I let it go since I was tired.

The hotel room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The décor seemed a bit dated but I didn’t mind this. One thing I enjoy about the Marriot Brand is that they always deliver consistency, you know what you’re going to get before you get there. The hotel does not include breakfast which was a bummer but luckily for you there’s a Starbucks 2 minutes by car!

Great stay, and yes I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Julee M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Good Afternoon Andres E.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regard to your experience while visiting our property. Your optimism is greatly appreciated. I will certainly share your feedback with our team.
I am hoping that you could contact me in order to identify some areas in which we may look to improve. Please contact me with the information below.
We look forward to you staying with us again.

Robert Johnson,
Robert.c.johnson2@Marriott.com

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I spent a night at this Courtyard the night before flying out of Fresno. It is about fifteen minutes away from the airport. There are plenty of shops, restaurants and attractions nearby. Unlike other reviewers, I felt completely safe in the area. However the best attribute of this hotel was that is was super quiet. I appreciate a good night's sleep and quiet is the key.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends