“Best Dim Sum!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shell Blvd
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I love this restaurant. Best shrimp dumplings. The pan fried noodles with seafood was great too.. I wanted to go back the next day and searched to see if there was one in New York where live.. The restaurant it self is very nice with huge fish tanks.. I just love this place.. I am picky when it come to any food but especially Chinese food.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We did not order off the menu. The restaurant gave us recommendation of our dinner for 10 (heavy on the seafood), it was very good.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

We've been going to ABC for many years but recently there has been a change of management. Food is still very good but service has slipped. One of the Managers has left and things seem to go down hill after that. It appears that they are trying to right the ship but only time will tell.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

ABC is located in the Metro Center by the water. Ample parking available. The restaurant doesn't.t have atmosphere but the service and food are great. Crab is in season green onion. And garlic crab is a must.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

This place used to be one of my favorite places to go for dim sum but after today's visit I don't think I can ever go back. The food is still pretty good but it does not make up for the the service has taken a dive to the worst degree. Perhaps the restaurant realizes that it already has a line of patrons still waiting at the door and they completely ignore the fact that their service is utterly terrible. Perhaps they are just understaffed. Whatever the reason may be, the service here is the worst that I have witnessed at a restaurant in the past decade.

After a 25 minute wait for table to only sit two people, which usually isn't an issue except for the fact that there were open tables visible throughout the entire restaurant, we were finally sat at a nice table by the window. We proceeded to order our food and realized that they don't push around the carts anymore to serve the dishes directly to the table. Instead, you order your food and they deliver it to the table. Obviously it is only my opinion, but the whole draw to going to dim sum is that you get to see all of the wonderful dishes that are on the cart and you get to select first hand what you want. I really love the idea of being appetized visually and aromatically by the dishes that are in front of me. Ordering a la carte dim sum just kills the whole experience.

After ordering, we were served with some tea that was barely luke warm. How can you get hot tea wrong in a chinese restaurant? The food then proceeded to come out 30 minutes later and my mom even had to get up to ask what was going on with the food. The restaurant was busy, but the dishes we were ordering were pretty standard and 30 minutes to get some shu mai and shrimp balls is ludicrous. Another misstep is that they took the menu from our table after we made our first order, so we had to get up and grab a menu from one of the waiters when we wanted to order more food. Throughout the whole dining experience, we had to get up from the table about five times to request food, tea, check, etc.

Oh where or where has the service gone for a place that used to be so good? Even for chinese restaurant service standards, this place was the worst of the worst. I cannot see myself returning to this place again. I'll just head over to China Village in Belmont or make the trek down to Mountain View to Fu Lam Mum where I can still get the traditional dim sum cart experience plus decent service.

So sad.