All reviews free round keurig coffee continental breakfast room was clean central location stayed for one night mini fridge south end dvd player oatmeal would stay here again king room second floor glass beach a wonderful stay no elevator harvest market
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We enjoyed our stay here. Great location along Hwy 1. We were at front of hotel & did not hear the traffic. You can walk to,the coast. The rooms are large with comfortable beds. very clean, The rooms at the back of hotel have view of the ocean. Friendly staff at check in and they gave us a map of Fort Bragg with restaurant suggestions and sites to see.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
EDIFortBragg, General Manager at Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you Anne! We are so glad you had a great, relaxing, and comfortable stay! It is so important that our guests know how many wonderful and amazing things to do here on the coast and we are so happy that our special map gave you some great ideas!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

While travelling Hwy 1 we ended up in Ft Bragg late in the afternoon. While enjoying a local brew we started researching a place to stay. Naturally looking at the three most known as inexpensive we decided to look at recent reviews. SCARY.
Then we stumbled onto reviews of this motel. What an excellent find. While we didn't partake of any mini golf we were very happy with our room at a good price only slightly more than the cheap three. Very clean and roomy with friendly and helpful staff. OH and we got a breakfast included.
Sorry Tom you don't need to leave the light on for us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom Y
EDIFortBragg, General Manager at Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

We are so happy that you decided to give us a try! We really pride ourselves on keeping our hotel as pristine as the day we opened.
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Fort Bragg. We will always have the light on for you!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

So, I chose this hotel for our one overnight stop on our road trip return home - primarily because I knew the kids would love to play mini-golf and/or in the arcade after we'd been sitting in the car all day.

1. I tried calling numerous times throughout the day, well before check-in time, to request a ground floor room as I can't do stairs easily with my knees and other joints affected by severe arthritis. There was NO ANSWER any of the times I called, no message option either.

2. We arrived in the evening and as I'd feared there were no more suitable ground floor rooms available. The staff member said there was a king room with a large bathtub available if I'd like - to which I inquired if that option had enough room for three to sleep with a sofabed or a rollaway bed for it? She said no and that it would also cost more than what I'd already paid-in-full for our room online. I'm not trying to pay for an additional room for myself away from my children. So, I opted to just suck it up and go with the 2 queen beds room they had for us upstairs.

3. I had paid for the room in full already, but she then wanted to put a $200 hold on my account in addition to that. I guess I missed that policy when booking ...

4. I let her know that I had tried to call numerous times earlier in the day to request a ground floor room and that no one answered - she didn't acknowledge or apologize for the inconvenience or lack of service. Pretty lame service overall.

5. She gave me a coupon for a discount to play mini-golf. They give you a free round if you book directly with them but not if you book with third parties like I had. Sadly, after checking-in and getting dinner, it was no longer open and the kids didn't get to enjoy it as we had planned. They close it early sometimes.

6. The Wi-Fi is terrible: since the arcade and golf were unavailable for entertainment everyone wanted to be on their phones in the room = a lot of cellular data usage $$

7. TV had 3 remotes with it and no indication which is used for what purpose, etc. and no directions in the binder with guest services information. I called the office after trying various remotes and options to no avail. She didn't really know how to work it either and finally had me try every input option until one worked to watch cable. Maybe type up the instructions for input settings for cable and for the DVD player and leave in the rooms for guests.

8. Vending machine drinks cost $2.25 each!! Be prepared or go down the street to Safeway or something.

9. Breakfast is minimal and there is no room for more than about 2 people near the food at a time.

10. In our room (directly above the lobby) the bathroom layout was terrible and very cramped space wise. The side of the tub including the shower door guide was quite high and I could barely step over it safely to get in (5'3" and bad knees). In order to get in without falling, I had to go to the only side of the shower that had a handrail which is RIGHT next to the toilet. Poor choice in handrail placement to say the least. There are only a few inches of space to maneuver between the side of the toilet and the side of the tub, then you must twist and turn to hold the rail and attempt to climb over the high tub edge within those 3 inches of space. Best of luck if you have joint issues like me, are injured, a big person, etc. Not sure if all their showers and restrooms are similarly set up, but I believe at least one other reviewer did mention a small, cramped bathroom.

11. Positives - clean room and a much friendlier staff member at check-out in the morning. When she asked if everything was ok with our stay and I told her about no one answering the phone and the result of not being able to get a ground floor room she was at least apologetic and nice.

It may be ok for your needs, however for us it lacked in many key areas and we won't be back if in the area in the future.

*I really don't need a response with explanations and excuses. This is solely to be helpful for other prospective guests.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms. Coffee in-room and in lobby. You can eat breakfast outside! Mini-golf was super fun and our main reason for choosing this inn. However, there are other perks. Kim is so nice and she has a small gift shop with wonderful things to remember your trip by. Also, just down the road, you can go watch the waves crash and the sunset from the bluffs. Few people and lots if deer to share it with. Ask the friendly staff for directions. Highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
EDIFortBragg, General Manager at Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you so much Wendy for staying with us and sharing your experience! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the Mini Golf and the amazing beach and ocean walking trail we have here! It is so awesome and we are always thrilled to share it with our guests! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We stayed at the Emerald Dolphin Inn while visiting Fort Bragg and Mendocino. It was a nice family and doggie-friendly hotel. We enjoyed our continental breakfast each morning as it tied us through until lunch. It was clean and we had fun at the mini-golf on-site. Our bathroom door was broken the first day and would lock you in from the inside, but they quickly fixed it and it was already fixed by the time we got back from dinner. The only down sides were that we were across the way from the office and so had to cross the street with our toddler every morning. This was not a huge deal though. Then the wifi, although it said connected, would not really open any websites. Thus, I ended up using a lot of my own phone data minutes to look for anything on the internet and ate up my data limit for the month.

A carnival happened to open across the way from us towards the end of our stay, so we got to visit that too. The beds were comfy and I enjoyed having a Keurig in the room too. I wish the stations on cable had included a Disney channel or Nick Jr since I thought the things on the cartoon channels they had were a little too mature for my 3-yr-old. Minus those few things, everything was great. I would highly recommend this place to family and friends.

Room tip: If you don't want to cross a street to breakfast/office/mini-golf then choose to stay on the side where the office is located.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we did. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to spend some quality time at our 18 hole mini golf course on site! We do apologize that we were not aware of the problem with your bathroom door until you brought it to our attention but are glad that we could fix it so quickly. We do hope you will come back and stay with us again. If you would like, you can ask to be on the same side of the street as the office to make things easier with your little one. You will also need to log into the WIFI each day and open a browser to connect and agree to the terms before you are completely connected. That may have been the issue while you were here. Someone is always here to answer any questions you may have. And the next time you visit, we will have have already upgraded to Direct TV which will give you over 100 channels to choose from. Thank you again and we appreciate your kind review!