“Where the locals go”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Be warned, it's nothing fancy but judging by our fellow customers, it's where the locals go. You sit outside but they started a fire when someone asked. Low key but yummy.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor decided to go to Herons. This was not a good choice. We found the food very expensive for what it was.

For instance - the seafood pasta had 2 prawns and one other peice of indistinguishable seafood.

The waitress was surely & why she would have expected a tip is beyond me

The building is basically a converted shack and I am sure it would have hygiene issues.

The restaurant was empty which I guess says it all. In whole not a good experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

The deck right on the water is a great place to watch the boats go in and out. $16 for a bottle of decent house Pinot Noir. Excellent chowder and for entrees we had clam linguine (the most clams I have ever had when ordering this dish) and fish and chips. Reasonable prices, we were happy as clams.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

We went to Heron's for a casual dinner near the water. They have picnic tables with plastic lawn chairs, but the view is nice. The waitress offered us both the dinner and lunch menus to select from. I had the grilled cod tacos and they were delicious. I will try to duplicate them here at home in the future. Homemade potato chips and a sweet and sour cold slaw and salsa were also on the plate. Yummy dinner for about 15 dollars each. Parking is confusing as there are tow away signs everywhere. Decided it must be okay to park where you find a space. Staff was very nice.

1  Thank Mskyyoung
Reviewed 11 July 2015

We had a dinner of appetizer. Their peel and eat shrimp are exceptional. His fried oysters are the best I've EVER eaten. There is not a drop of oil on them. Next, I get the oyster po'boy. You must try their coleslaw. Amazing!