“Lunch after wine tasting at Scherrer...”

Russian River Vineyards Restaurant Farm & Tasting Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Russian River Vineyards Restaurant Farm & Tasting Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Forestville
Price range: US$19 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ross Station
Description: Russian River Vineyards offers an unparalleled wine country dining experience. As one of only five winery/restaurant combinations in California, we are delighted to feature elegant and creative cuisine especially tailored to stellar wines of Russian River Vineyards. The chef creates mouth watering fare from our organic farm located on our property. While sourcing his proteins from sustainable local purveyors and out of the waters of the pacific ocean.
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We were a party of three stopping by after wine buying nearby. This was a rainy day so we elected to,sit inside. We each ordered a different sandwich...mine was a roasted chicken with Brie. Also,a,choice of salad of house made chips...the chips were so good I cleaned up my 0late. The sandwich was generous and I could only eat half. Took,the rest home for,later. My husband ordered the pork sandwich and our friend Dave had the vegetable sandwich. Each of their portions were even more generous than mine...yummm more to take home...
Service was fine and we enjoy this calm casual place. Beautiful setting in a vineyard area.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Loved the outdoor tasting area, dog friendly, whicker chairs, sofas, organic garden, corn hole, shaded and relaxed not rushed. Wonderful sunset view.

Went into the restaurant and we were seated inside, but they do have outside seating with heat lamps as well. Wonderful live jazz guitarist playing in the other room. My beet salad was great but very large, fed three of us, but delicious. The soup was amazing that night, onion squash I think. My daughter had a cheese Borrado? that was like fondu and enough that they brought out three servings of bread to use it all up. Maybe these were all meant as small plates, but it was not presented that way on the menu?
The Wagu steak dinner was wonderful, but the salmon was almost raw when served to one of us, so it was sent back. Took 20 minuted to get her dinner returned, while the rest of us were finished with our meals. Not acceptable. Never saw the waitress.
Kai was the best employee there, but Amanda our server was way over stretched, and the young man who delivered the plates to us never checked any of the table ware. The soup came without a spoon, the steak without a knife and my guest had to get up and get his own knife. No one poured out wine without asking except Kai and with the fish being so late was a turn off to me. Once it was cooked it was very tasty combined with the fall squash.
My final say is that the food was generous,with an ambitous chef, but the service needs to be worked out and fine tuned to be really good. Portions discussed by the waitstaff, and meat wellness maybe mentioned to a guest to find out their preferances.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

very reminescent of Austrian heuriger! love it! organic food and regional wines with live music and knowledgeable staff

Reviewed 19 September 2017

One of the best eating establishments in Sonoma and Napa Counties. We enjoyed dinner in late August 2017, seated outside in a beautifully-landscaped garden atmosphere. Service is outstanding, informal and attentive without being intrusive. Our first courses of gazpacho soup and mussels were outstanding, the broth for the mussels so flavorful we heartily enjoyed soaking it up with homemade bread and rolls. Main courses of halibut and of polenta and vegetables were also superb, local fresh vegetables cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We sat outside on the patio and it was beautiful, casual and comfortable. Our food was really good, the woman singing had a great voice and added a nice touch, but our waitress was rude and inattentive. We had to open and pour our own wine bottle, ask (and wait quite a while) for a bucket of ice to put the white wine in, and when we asked her to take a picture (we had just gotten married) she said "no, maybe later, I have a lot do to" I understand taking a picture is not her job, but being that we did part of her job (opening and pouring our own wine, getting water from another waiter b/c she was busy chatting with another table, and by the time our ice bucket came that we had to request our warmish wine was already finished) I figured we could ask. It was obvious we just got married and I was still wearing my wedding floral crown and by the time we left the place was empty (not that it was ever that crowded) but we still never got our picture.

Travellers who viewed Russian River Vineyards Restaurant Farm & Tasting Lounge also viewed

Forestville, Sonoma County

Been to Russian River Vineyards Restaurant Farm & Tasting Lounge? Share your experiences!