Waitui Basecamp(Matacawalevu Island)
US$69
US$65
  • Beachfront
Long Beach Resort(Matacawalevu Island)
US$96
US$604
US$482
US$436
US$392
  • Pool
Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$145
Botaira Resort(Naviti Island)
US$293
  • Restaurant
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
US$501
US$271
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$406/night.

Naqalia Lodge(Waya Lailai)
US$124
US$94
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Isa Lei Glampsite(Matacawalevu Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2014

We pay too much for what we get. The bure was very old and not clean. There were ants everywhere in the room. We did not have any running water at first. Once the problem solved, what we got is a VERY muddy water. Shower and toilets were blocked. Mosquito window screens had huge holes.
The food wasn't good, and too little. There was no snack or drinks available during the day. There is nothing like a "bar" and "restaurant"as advertised.Staff was not friendly and tried to rip us off a couple of times. Bad beach in front of the resort. Have to walk 30 min to a nice beach.
Very disappointing after a 5 hour boat ride from Nadi. We left after one night.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MorganeJaff
Reviewed 4 October 2014

I didn't have very high expectations of this place when I arrived, however it turned out to be a wonderful stay. I was at Bay of Plenty for four nights and for two of them I was the only guest.

Positives:
- Exceptionally peaceful
- Beautiful surroundings with the village next door
- Picturesque 30 minute walk to the pristine Long Beach
- Large serves or food
- Friendly family
- Great hiking

Negatives:
- No beach, but there's plenty more to do
- A serious ant problem in the bures. My entire floor was black with ants and they frequented the bed. (Bring mortein/strong bug spray) I was covered in ant bites and unfortunately one got very infected- but that was just bad luck.
- Price- although it was quite cheap, I still believe it was overpriced. I read in the awesome adventures booklet that the resort had free boat transfers to the resort from the big boat and they would transfer you for free to the nearby beaches, however it was $30 pp for the boat transfer and $35 pp to the beach. Kayaking was $15pp.
-No water for an entire day, which meant the toilet was unable to flush and no showers/drinking water, but maybe this was a rare occurrence.
- Cleanliness- the toilet had not been cleaned and was quite filthy when I arrived.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

So, I just wrote a really long review, but then it disappeared...so let me try a shorter version:

Amazing people, great food, beautiful grounds. If you want to relax and have great experiences with Fijian people, this is the place for you. You will feel like a part of their family by the time you leave. You can hike, kayak, snorkel, go for boat rides, dig for cockles, and really just relax. The kava ceremony we participated in over in the neighboring village was one of the most fun and authentic experiences we've had during the last 7 months of travel. We think about Jerry, Rosa, and family often. We hope you are doing well!!

-John and Anna

P.S.

Have a look at this short video we put together of our experience.

If you want to see more of Bay of Plenty, then feel free to take a look at our Fiji blog posts on that same website (www.rtdub.com).

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank John80302
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a unique experience! As the only guest I stayed in my own hut on the hill and enjoyed the luxury of undisturbed peace and quiet for three days! Forget the commercial tourist industry, Bay of Plenty is an unspoilt natural haven away from it all. Jerry and Rosa were amazing hosts and were incredibly friendly and welcoming. The traditional Fijian meals were fantastic and I never went hungry, I even helped the girls find cockles for my dinner! I felt like I was part of the family by the end, and Blacky, Tiger and Dora, the family pets, kept me company also.
There isn’t a beach, but Jerry dropped me off at Blue Lagoon for the day so I could snorkel. There are also kayaks and an activity board for those who want to do more than just read in a hammock. The huts are basic but comfy, and if you want to experience true Fiji island life and get to know some wonderful Fijians this place for you! If you like meditation and yoga and main building is the perfect indoor/outdoor setting for this. The views are fantastic and you can really relax here with no disruptions. Thank you for a wonderful stay Jerry and Rosa! Charlotte :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Bay of Plenty was exactly what I wanted; peace and quiet. This resort you will not find the white sandy beaches, aqua blue ocean, or room amenities. If you want to lean about the Fijian culture, the people, the history, life in a Fijian village well you have come to the right place. I stayed for 7 nights in my own bure on a hill. My bure had a toilet and shower and sink and two beds and that was it. You need to bring your own towels, soap, shampoo, etc. Only cold water flows from the tap and feels great when you’re hot. All meals were taken at the main structure where they would prepare each meal. Your view when you are eating is of the ocean. All meals were delicious and I was served more then enough. Some of the foods I had were: pancakes, fried rice, fresh fish, big and little clams, papaya, watermelon, cucumber, pineapple, potato, cassava, jam, butter, coffee, tea, powdered milk, sugar, etc. Things I did was walk through the village, hike to the top of a high hilltop (did not make it all the way as the rains came). Visit a local school and watch the students on Friday play rugby and netball. During the full moon the bay empties and I was able to walk for a while around 11am in the bay. Had a picnic on the sand. I read most of the time and slept. Did not swim once or lay in the sun. Now for the best part are the wonderful people who run the resort. Reading the other reviews it seems there are always different people to cater to your needs and to cook. Four young girls ages 17-22 took care of my needs and were the nicest young ladies you will ever meet. Jerry and Rosa were the adults in charge and were sweet as could be. Jerry had dinner with me twice so I would not eat all my meals alone. Matacawalevu Island is about the last stop on the ferry. Loved my time spent there and now call my new Fijian friends family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo