“Excellent place for a fancy night out”

Scott's Seafood of Folsom
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's Seafood of Folsom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 307 Restaurants in Folsom
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison
Description: Scott's Seafood Folsom serves the freshest seafood and steaks served by a warm and gracious staff in a comfortable, intimate atmosphere in Folsom, CA.
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Ate here on a whim for my birthday and was pleasantly surprised . Walked in and the decor fit both casual and dressed up an fancy. Atmosphere was mellow . Wait staff was prompt and courteous. Bread while ordering was addictive and kudos for the soften butter . To many times the butter is chilled and hard . Being able to spread it on an intact piece of bread just makes the start to a meal nice.if you have trouble reading in romantic low light study the menu on the Internet a little if you like to read the whole thing to see the flavor sand spices . I had fettuccine with shrimp . Great dish , good ratio of shrimp to pasta . Flavor was great . I was disappointed to be served the shrimp with the tails on in a meal to be eaten with a fork. Having to pick up each shrimp and pull off the tail she'll , or cutting off the tail then trying to find it in the bowl is what I expect from a low class dive. The polenta on my dates dish was creamy and flavorful. I could have had a dish of it alone and been happy. After dinner the waiter offered dessert . My date ordered a ice cream and raspberry dish . The waiter asked one or two spoons and I said its my birthday so two so I can have a taste. He serve red her the dessert and served me a candle on a plate . Nice touch and the dessert was amazing . Lastly I was slightly unhappy getting a whiskey drink in a small glass that was an exact math to the water glass but smaller . I would have expected a high ball or a slightly fancier glass. It just felt cheap for whiskey . But overall great place . I will definitely return .

Tim H, Owner at Scott's Seafood of Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Happy belated birthday, Daniel, I'm so glad you decided to spend it with us. What's more, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your fettuccine dish and polenta -- but I am sorry that you don't usually like shrimp with the tail on. I'm glad we were able to make your birthday special with the dessert, and I hope you'll join us again for either another special occasion or just because.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

My wife and I dine at Scott's on a regular basis. The food and service are always top notch. The staff is friendly and always happy to see us. Holidays, special occasions or just fine wine Friday Scott's is our go to restaurant for a nice evening out.

Tim H, Owner at Scott's Seafood of Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

I'm so happy you've continued to choose us for holidays, special occasions, and for Fine Wine Fridays -- we might have to steal that last one! But in all seriousness, it's really great to know our food and service has never let you down, and I hope you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went to Scott's seafood for dinner on a Saturday evening - got in without reservations! The kimchi and pork potstickers are amazing for an appetizer. I got the seafood Alfredo which was good - a bit oily as I was expecting more of a creamy sauce. My wife got fish and chips - over 3/4 of the plate was fries and she only ate the fish. Spends for the amount of food but it was good.

Tim H, Owner at Scott's Seafood of Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

I'm so glad you and your wife came in for a date night meal, Todd! It sounds like the appetizers hit the spot. The Seafood Fettuccine comes in a lemon-garlic butter sauce, not an Alfredo sauce. Sorry if it was confusing.

We hope you two can join us again soon -- we have plenty of fresh seafood favorites on our menu that I'd love for you to try!

Take care,

Reviewed 8 September 2015

This has become one of my favorite restaurants. We celebrated our granddaughter's 20th birthday and it was excellent! The food, service and atmosphere was exceptional. I recommend it without exception.

Tim H, Owner at Scott's Seafood of Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Thanks for naming us one of your favorite restaurants! That means we must be doing a few things right, which is great. We hope to see you and your whole family in for many more celebrations!

Take care,

Reviewed 8 September 2015

I believe, even though, it has been around a long time, Scott's is a bit overrated! The food is overpriced and not very interesting. While some of their dishes are good others are tasteless and don't show much imagination.
The bar seems to be the gathering point; but, I wouldn't rush back for dinner.

I'm very sorry to hear you aren't in a rush back to try more of our dishes -- each and every bite should be packed full of fresh flavors, and it's disappointing you haven't enjoyed your meals. I do hope you'll give us another shot. What I like about our food and menu is there is something for everyone in the family. We are not a cutting edge restaurant. Althought there are some terrific dishes. That's why we have been aroud so long.