“Rail History”

Add it.
Folsom Valley Railway
Ranked #20 of 34 things to do in Folsom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The newly renovated museum may be small, but houses lots of the history of trains in the Folsom area. A wonderful stop for young children as they actually can board the train.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

You can get a horseshoe with your name stamped on it by the blacksmith make sure the ends are pointed up for good luck. The people are very friendly and the exhibits are very interesting. On Saturdays they have a farmers market.

Reviewed 22 November 2007

This train is near and dear to my heart as I used to drive her every weekend, Milo and I ran the ride. She was a little tempermental however, she was a strong loco and I loved her. I was paid to run her but I would have done it for free. That was the best job I ever had. If you go to see her you will be very happy as she is a real live steammer. Runs on coal and hauls 6 cars, runs on a dogbone layout. If you go to see her please tell her Dale is still thinking of her.

9  Thank ElwoodAlabama