“Anniversary Date Night!”

Ranked #2 of 306 Restaurants in Folsom
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2017

My wife and I were celebrating our 9th anniversary and wanted to go out to someplace nice. We discovered SSS after our first visit to Old Town Folsom a few weeks before. We actually did eat there the 1st time but looked over the menu and the décor. I went online and this restaurant had received many positive reviews so we decided to make this our choice to celebrate.
We stopped in last Thursday night without a reservation but that did not pose a problem as they seated us right away. There were many patrons that night to include a few parties but the atmosphere was relaxing and romantic. We were seated near a wine storage display which looked to be the eye catching centerpiece of the room. If you look at the picture we were seated where the busboy in the white shirt to the right is changing out the table cloth.
Our waiter, James, was prompt and professional, not overbearing. He went over the specials and got our drinks going. The selections were simple so you weren't overwhelmed with choices. All of them looked delicious. I chose the rib eye while my wife got the skirt steak with prawns. We added an asparagus to compliment our selections. We didn't have to wait long before our meals arrived as there was still bread in the basket :) Both the meals were hot and fresh out of the kitchen, which is open for the patrons to see. I like an open kitchen so you can see what's going on with the staff and your food. The meal was as delicious as the presentation looked. The garlic mashed potatoes were light and not overbearing, the meat was tender and full of flavor, and the asparagus with crisp (not soggy) with an accented flavor vinaigrette so you could still taste the vegetable.
The waiter staff was attentive throughout the meal as others besides James checked on our table. Our water glasses were kept full.

We chose to have dessert and got the crème Brule. Wow! It had a solid, caramelized top coating with a creamy center with a consistency of slightly chilled butter, not runny or hard. The texture was perfect! They also surprised us with a chocolate dessert for free for our anniversary. A little too much but it felt nice to be appreciated.

We will be going back and look forward to visiting Sutter Street Steakhouse.

Kyle

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I've never had a meal here that I didn't like. Service is great too. Easy parking to access the restaurant via elevator. Sunday is free corkage day!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love this place, on a nice evening sit on the back patio for a great view. The staff is always great and the service is top notch. I get the ribeye, wedge salad, mash potatoes and Brussels and it is always amazing. The ribeye is one of the best steaks I have ever had and the sides are always perfect. On occasion we go there during happy hour and it is great also. I can't recommend this place high enough.

1  Thank Jaldal
Reviewed 14 January 2017

great place service is always amazing food is great and they have a amazing happy hr the bartenders are very friendly .

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit but my wife and her families fourth. I will start with happy hour since we arrived early for a drink before dinner. The service at the bar was only okay, something expected during a happy hour. My wife's mojito was definitely made with sweet and sour mix rather than soda water. I tried it and checked the ingredients on the menu to confirm it said soda, it did. My draft beer was flat and mother in law's manhattan "up" was served without being chilled as to say it was "straight up."

Aside from that fiasco.

Service, expansive wine list and choice of beef cuts were a saving grace from 3 stars. The steak was juicy and flavorful, served warm and with plenty of side options or appetizers. I had the NY Strip which was perfect and tried my wife's skirt steak, also very delicious. Thank you to our server, the chef and the grill staff for saving the special experience. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Laratron2k