“Terrific, Romantic, Atmosphere With Great Appetizers, Cocktails, Menu, Wines”

Sutter Street Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 310 Restaurants in Folsom
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Have met dear friends here several times for appetizers and cocktails, and had several date nights here as well. View overlooks and across Lake Natoma, maybe not as well as other local establishments but their service and quality trumps their competition! For dinner, their atmosphere is dark, romantic, quiet, and subtle, making you feel like the place is all yours. In daylight, it is bright, upbeat and a very popular stop during a day of shopping on Main Street in Folsom. Also, their patio is a 3rd story balcony that is very fun to hang out on for a couple of drinks. It's a good starting or ending point for an evening on Main Street, say before a night of live, local music at nearby watering holes. While definitely upscale, staff is not snobby or pretentious, just bright and attentive. Appetizers are diverse, like shrimp cocktails, sliders, oysters, while entrees are well-sized dishes including several variety of very tender beef steak cuts, salads, with some pastas and poultry dishes. Wine list is extensive and impressively international. I have always left the restaurant very full and satisfied that the extra money I spent here was worth every penny. A good restaurant like this spoils you because it fulfills its promise of great return visits, so you don't want to risk being disappointed by trying another establishment. I think that speaks volumes about this place.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Great steak, great service! I love that a steakhouse of this caliber is in our backyard...I wish I would have tried it sooner!

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

I ate here for a night out with my girl friend and it was a really nice place. I had the rib eye and it was cooked to perfection. I will go again for sure.

1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My wife and I took my parents to dinner as part of our Christmas Celebration last week. Our reservations were for 5:45pm and we were greeted and seated promptly and courteously. Our waiter Dennis explained the menu and the specials and gave us time to decide on our choices. My father is a recovering stroke victim so mobility and speech are a challenge for him. Dennis was very accommodating of this and treated him with respect which was very much appreciated. Two of us ordered the Steak and Lobster special, one the salmon and the other the fresh fish of the day (sea bass). My mother prefers her steaks well done which is usually a challenge and goes against the norm at a fine steakhouse like this. Dennis confirmed her choice asking politely if "she was sure" and she responded "well done but not burnt". This is usually a challenge for any kitchen but her steak was done exactly to her liking as was the rest of our entree's. We shared a nice bottle or Far Niente 2009 Cab which complemented the meal perfectly! We had an enjoyable time with excellent food and service and it was a perfect kickoff to the Christmas season. They also have a very popular happy hour - get there early if you want a seat in the bar during that time.

1  Thank nateski43
Reviewed 11 December 2015

everything is perfect at the downtown Folsom restaurant. the Fillet is a must order. it is the tenderest piece of meat that I have ever had. good wine choices, my boss is a wine drinker (I am not), he ordered a bottle of plumpjack cab and I drank more than he did. he claimed that the wine selection was one of the best he has ever seen. be ready to spend some money; but definitely worth it.

Date of visit: November 2015