All reviews mariposa room dvd collection thought of everything blue jays humming birds south entrance bed and breakfast a real home from home b bs mariposa grove yogurt stayed for nights stellar jays every morning valley floor guest rooms common areas
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited King’s Canyon, Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks earlier this month. All the parks were special in their own unique way but from a lodging perspective, this B&B far exceeded our expectations. The reviews were spot on and made our visit to Yosemite memorable. The location was perfect - just outside the south entrance and very close to the newly re-opened Mariposa Grove. Pamela was such a gracious host and accommodating to all the guests that week. Her recommendations on where to hike/explore and when, even parking suggestions on the valley floor on busy days made for such an enjoyable time and minimized the stress of larger crowds and traffic due to the 4th of July holiday. Having such a quiet and peaceful place to return to each day helped us re-energize for the next days’ activities. Based on reviews, we stayed in the Mariposa room, back of the house, with a view of the surrounding meadow and creek. We could hear the Creek at night and see the many hummingbirds and jays from the room. Finally, the room was kept spotless - unlike some I’ve experienced in the past. We are checking visits to the National Parks so not sure when we will return, but would definitely stay here again over the other lodging options if we do.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolo2015
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I've stayed at this property before, and enjoyed it enough to come back on my most recent visit to Yosemite. The innkeeper, Pamela, was as gracious and welcoming as always. I stayed in the Queen room (I can't remember it's actual name), and loved it. The bed was comfy, and the room was clean and well appointed. It was such a lovely respite from long, hot days on the trails. The bathtub is huge and provided the relaxation I needed each night. Breakfast each morning was delicious, with lots of variety.
The property is really beautiful, and well tended. I loved sitting on the deck and taking in the view of the creek, and all the blue jays flying around. Pamela has an amazing DVD collection, and it was great to have so many options to unwind at night. I love coming to Yosemite, and always try to stay here when I plan a trip.

Room Tip: Book early! This place fills up fast.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank YosemiteLover77
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Room and bathroom were extremely clean and well kept. Breakfast was phenomenal each day. The innkeeper Pamela is amazing. After cooking our breakfast she would sit down with us and give us insider advice on how to best spend our time in the park. She even prepared us a breakfast-to-go one evening and left it in the fridge so that we could have a picnic on our sunrise hike the following morning. I wish I could give Big Creek Inn B&B more stars. Thank you Pamela for the great vacation!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joel S
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Set amongst the pine forest this is a beautiful house with immaculate rooms. We had 2 private balconies to relax on and Pam provides peanuts for you to feed the Stellars Jays from your hand. Guest area to sit and relax and free soft drinks in the fridge and an extensive DVD library if you fancied watching a movie. Breakfast was superb and dining with the other guests whilst watching humming birds feeding on the rear deck was a joy. Pam offered advice re parking in Yosemite and also helped re local dining options. Expensive but worth it and other local hotels are even dearer.

Room Tip: 1st floor room with double balcony is large and airy but all are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank grahamd00dy
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Everything about our stay was perfect. From the location of the Inn (the back of the Inn borders a creek and is just a couple of miles south of the southern YNP entrance) to the unbelievable level of excellent service, I can't think of any aspect of the property that needs improvement. Pamela has thought of everything to make her guests feel pampered. There are only 3 guest rooms, with a max of 2 guests per room, so this makes the perfect getaway for couples. Pamela is the perfect host, more than willing to answer questions and share her knowledge of the what's and where's of the Park, but never to the point of "smothering" her guests. Each day started with a fresh cooked breakfast before we tackled the park. After a day of tackling the trails, a hot shower and library of any movie DVD one can think of were the perfect way to end the day. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2018