“Reasonable price near Napa”

Motel 6 Fairfield/Napa Valley CA
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting Napa. It was the best deal we could find in close proximity. It’s about 1/2 hour from the town of Napa, but as much as an hour from some of the wineries that we visited north of town. Overall the room was good - remodeled and clean. The room was a good size with 1 king sized bed,
a small table (with a chair and a cute little booth), 2 small night tables and a large flat screen TV. Excellent lighting and adequate outlets for recharging devices.I was surprised to see shampoo provided - this must be a new thing as I’ve never seen it in a Motel 6. (Note to Motel 6: IMHO I’d rather have better towels than shampoo). Our room faced the freeway and there was road noise (which is why I am giving it only 4 stars). Getting a room on the other side of the building might be quieter.

Room Tip: might be best to be on the opposite side from the freeway
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I am very pleased with the accommodations and excellent customer service provided by Laura at the front desk and the maid service was great the room was nice and clean this was exactly the get away I needed for business

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went up north to see a concert (drove from LA) and we decided drive up to Napa the following day since we were so close. We couldn't find anything reasonable in Napa for this last minute Napa stay(everything was $500 and up). So we saw this was about 14 miles away from Napa and was $134/night and booked it.

It was OK for just a place to crash. The woman at the front desk was very nice and checked us in quickly. The room itself was on the right side of the building (if you're facing the front of it). It is very close to the freeway so we heard the traffic all night. The room it self looked clean but smelled very heavily of smoke. I woke up congested from the smell in the room. Overall this is a crash pad. Just good for a night if you're in a bind. Definitely not "Napa."

It is near several fast food places.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsmarlo26
Reviewed 13 July 2017

People screaming all night! Used as a drug rehab overflow. I was scared to death to go out with my dog. Banging doors, yelling, I got no sleep. The corporate office has been notified and my money was supposed to be refunded. I am still waiting for that.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The room was good, clean with a fridge and microwave, along with a pool. The real issue is value and the staff that takes care of you. We paid just under $100 per day including taxes. Bottom line, very few complaints. However, the staff was terrific! They were pleasant and friendly and helpful. As with all budget hotels they have restrictions that middle and luxury class hotels do not such as room service for meals and so on. But the staff is what makes economy hotels/ motels bearable. The staff at this particular Motel 6 made our visit something worthwhile. Kudos to the help at Motel 6 in Fairfield/ Cordelia and Well Done!

Room Tip: Access to food and coffee services within walking distance, and a helpful staff makes the big differ...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple