“Terrible from day 1” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Terrible from day 1”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

My husband and I as well as most of the rest of my family and several others we knew stayed here b/c we were coming from out of town for a wedding, and everything was terrible from the beginning. My sister's room smelled like smoke despite being a non-smoking room, and the cleaning person unplugged their fridge every day so they ended up throwing out food when they hadn't caught it the first day. They lost all of the reservations that had been made online, and when my husband and I went to check in, the woman said that there was no reservation, gave me attitude about it, said there was only one room left and it was a smoking room, and then tried to charge us a higher price (60 per night plus tax instead of the 50 plus tax price we had the reservation for) until I showed her the confirmation e-mail that had the price listed on it (which she decided to round to the next dollar). If it hadn't been so late at night, we would have gone somewhere else. The rooms were okay, but the blankets had cigarette burns and there were a bunch of small ants (some dead, some alive) in the bathroom.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Danielle M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Middletown, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

The room was nice that I stayed in and what little interaction that I did have with management was good.

My only complaint was a problem with some noise being caused by other guests and one creepy guy knocking on my door that was clearly either drunk or high out of his mind that had come to the wrong room.

I mostly kept to myself on this trip and other than this did not have any other problems and there was an all night diner located directly across from the hotel that helped make my experience a little better.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eddie1985
cali
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

This was the worst place i have ever been too while i was there during the middle of the day 2 men ran up with a sawed off shotgun do i have to say more?!?! I would never stay there again even if they offered me a free room!!! This place doesn't even deserve one star!

• Liked — Nothing it was the werst place I have ever been to!!!
  • Disliked — Everything I dont understand why it hasn't been shut down yet since they put us in a place that was over a broken sewage it was foul!!!
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank IHATEBUDGETINN
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

Hotels had rated this Budget Inn three stars, so I was expecting a nice place. Boy, was I disappointed! This motel was old and shabby, and in a run-down part of town. The office is also part of the manager's living quarters, and the kitchen must be just off the office. At check-in, the office reeked of whatever the manager was cooking for supper. Manager was not friendly or helpful when I asked for directions. The towels and wash cloths were thread-bare. Nothing matched in the room, everything seemed to be "non-standard". When repairs had been made, no attempt was made to replace with something similar. Late at night, a couple living in "low rent" apartments adjacent to the motel, got into a loud argument outside. Gave me a creepy feeling.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member