“ComcastCableGuy”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Simi Valley, California, United States
“ComcastCableGuy”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I must say that I really never do this but I felt compeld to do so this time because of my experiance at the Quality Inn & Suites in Fairfield. I was greeted with such happiness by Ruby who works at the front desk. She was very nice and extremly helpfull. She was such a pleasure to speak with I must say that after I left and went back to the room I felt right at home. Ruby is such a treasure to have these days. It is so rare to come across people in her position that have such a fantastic attitude. I know that every time I ever come to Fairfirld, I know that my family and I will stay at the Quality Inn & Suites every time as long as Ruby is still around.
Thank you so much Ruby!

Room Tip: I would like to say that they do definitly need to get better TV's. It's time for some flat...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Clovis, CA
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed one night at the Quality Inn in Fairfield, CA. We chose it based on the reviews here because we'd only driven through that part of California and didn't know much about the area.

The hotel itself was just OK. The desk clerks, both evening and morning, were very helpful and courteous. We were offered fresh-baked cookies and coffee when we checked-in...that was nice. Our room was clean but nothing special however, we didn't pay an arm-and-a-leg for the room either so we basically got what we paid for...a comfortable, basic but clean room. For a one night stay, we can't complain. Some other reviewers mentioned issues with hearing other guests and, with these comments, I have to agree. The sound-proofing leaves much to be desired. It didn't bother us too much because the hotel wasn't full so there weren't as many people to cause a commotion as there might be during peak travel season.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty good as well. There were some hot items offered as well as the usual cereal, muffins and yogurt. We enjoyed the breakfast and was just what we needed to get started for the day. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it for a one-nighter.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor might be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunnyCalGirl
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Ruby at the front desk, enthusiastically greeted me with fresh baked cookies and explained the hotel amenities. She also made restaurant recommendations My room was on the 2nd floor and there was an elevator. You can see the hotel from I-80.
The room was exceptionally clean and the breakfast well stocked. Good value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Manteca, California
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Our room was clean and the desk staff was very nice. The hotel seems a little drab, but I believe that cleanliness is much more important. The problem with this hotel is noise. I could hear the person above us walking and using the bathroom. The hotel wasn't full, so it was quiet enough to sleep. I don't know how it would be if there were lots of guests. The breakfast was good. They had bacon and eggs, bisquits and gravy, as well as cereals and breads. The oatmeal was only instant. All this said, we paid $48.60 for the room. This is a very good value. There are restaurants within walking distance. The pizza right next door was very good.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room so you don't have people above you.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Paradise, California
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Very nice stay. Our room faced parking lot, but it was quiet. Good hot breakfast. Desk staff very helpful, directed us to very good little steak house. We stayed there to ride the Napa Wine Train the next day, only about 15 minutes away. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends