“Sooooo good (vegan and vegetarian friendly)”
Review of Sunflower Drive-In

Sunflower Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Fair Oaks
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan but my family has been coming here for years. Everytime I'm in Fair Oaks visiting my grandparents, I have to stop. I just love the patty melt with grilled onions and the nutty taco. They have great smoothies too. Highly recommended!! Be prepared to wait a while for your food though.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I've been periodically coming to Sunflower since the mid-80s and I ALWAYS look forward to it, ALWAYS get excited about seeing the wild roosters/chickens, ALWAYS appreciate the kind workers, and ALWAYS love love love their nutburger!

(I almost ALWAYS get the super nut burger, which is just like the nutburger, but bigger and messier and a buck more. This time, I veganized it, so their special sauce used veganaise instead of regular mayo and I also got avocado. Yup, I know, I'm living the dream!)

There's indoor and outdoor seating, a couple of high chair, smoothies, some desserts, and very cool vibe!

Sunflower is a classic northern California place in EVERY way, so if you're in the Sacramento area or passing through on the way to or from Tahoe or wherever, check it out. I wish I lived closer.

My fav sign of theirs (with a chicken crossing the road):

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motivations questioned.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I can see why this place is so popular. It's kind of funky and fun, good eats, good location, something for everyone.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We visited after a bike ride with friends from Santa Cruz who are vegan. We all had the vegan burger and were pleased with both the texture and taste. Definitely will make it a place to eat when we are in old Fair Oaks.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I have Celiac disease and used to love going here but the last year or so I get sick every time. I always ordered gf nut burger and I know they are not a designated gf establishment but it was never a problem. Either they are not careful in handling gf orders or the staff is not knowledgeable. It's great food, it's just not safe for someone with celiac.

Date of visit: November 2017