“Best Sushi Ever!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is a popular restaurant, so go early or plan to wait awhile during the dinner hours. It's worth the wait though, so hang around for a table.

We have eaten at this Mikunis many times and have never had a bad experience. The torched rolls are my favorite (The Benjamin) and the grilled tuna with both a red and white sauce is a hit every time. We go only for the rolls or sashimi, so I can't attest to the terriyaki and non-sushi items, but our experience has always been positive. Great place for children as well.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

If you like sushi this is your place to eat. I’d prefer making my own at a fraction of the price. The curry beef dish was Irish stew without flavor. Not even curry. Very odd. Group get together was great fun and this place fit the occasion

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

No, not on the menu or in your sushi. Mikuni is doubtless tasty with a broad selection. But only go there if you like feeling like a packed sardine - tables are so close the waitstaff can’t get between them. The waitstaff each have too many tables and too much ground to cover between kitchen, bar and tables to give adequate attention to their customers. And the noise level! Maddening as the rush hours start and deafening in full swing. I only come to Sacramento about twice a year (but lived her for 12 years prior to relocation) - I always seem to forget the down side - the food is tasty and there are some awesome specialty rolls - only wish I could enjoy it in a more pleasant type of ambiance.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We brought in 12 people for a going away lunch and everything was perfect. We had a nice private area and I ordered a couple of platters ahead of time. We walked in and the food started rolling out. We added additional items which came out very quickly. I'll definitely do this again!! Great job!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Had to wait 30 minutes for a table but after we got seated the service was fast and the sushi was some of the best I have ever eaten. I also enjoyed the seaweed salad and my husband had the beet salad which was also excellent. I ordered the Spicy Jonny roll and loved it!