“Solid French in Central Valley”
Review of Cafe Lafayette

Cafe Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent French onion soup places one in the south of France within 2 spoonfuls.
The live music sets the soothing tone for the rest of the evening. The steak was perfect as well as the prawns. The wine list was a bit spare with 3 decent reds and 3 whites, very tasty.
The deserts were a great finish with the two layer fudge cake just amazing.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

So a member of my family can no longer have sodium. Going out to eat has been the most difficult because some restaurants say they are made to order.. But really are not. Cafe Lafayette truly is a made to order resturant, the staff truly seems to care about the customers here. I have had only one bad experience when they were busy and the waitress forgot about me but once I spoke to a manager it was quickly remedied.
The chef is from France and his style of foods defiantly reflects that. My husband is from Lille, France so eating here made him feel at home.
Can't say enough good things. Love love love!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

The restaurant has a lot of charm. It is a fast moving place. It has limited hours, which can be a drawback. The food is great. Some entrees seem a bit over priced. We occasionally try to make it there for lunch.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

The Lafayette Mary was amazing. My wife loves bloody Mary's and was very impressed with the Lafayette Mary. (steamed shrimp and bacon as well as homemade mix). I had the pork tenderloin picatta which included two big pork pieces on top of Tortellini and fresh veg's. It was very good. My wife went with the Bacon wrapped Scallops on top of Risotto. She was in heaven. Good selection of wine and outdoor dining also if the weather permits. Downtown Exeter is also a great town to walk around. Very safe and during the holidays plenty of shops open Thursday night until 9:00 PM.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I brought my girl here for a date. There was live music outside. The atmosphere was great. Unfortunately the service was average. All of the outside tables were a little dirty. There doesn't seem to be an attention to detail. My burger was good but my girlfriends chicken pot pie was very average. My salad was also average. All in all I think this is a fun place. I recommend it if a cool atmosphere is what you're looking for. I will definitely be back. This place has a lot of potential.

Been to Cafe Lafayette? Share your experiences!