“Great upscale dinner in quaint small town”
Review of Cafe Lafayette

Cafe Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Reviewed 10 December 2016

The Lafayette Mary was amazing. My wife loves bloody Mary's and was very impressed with the Lafayette Mary. (steamed shrimp and bacon as well as homemade mix). I had the pork tenderloin picatta which included two big pork pieces on top of Tortellini and fresh veg's. It was very good. My wife went with the Bacon wrapped Scallops on top of Risotto. She was in heaven. Good selection of wine and outdoor dining also if the weather permits. Downtown Exeter is also a great town to walk around. Very safe and during the holidays plenty of shops open Thursday night until 9:00 PM.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I brought my girl here for a date. There was live music outside. The atmosphere was great. Unfortunately the service was average. All of the outside tables were a little dirty. There doesn't seem to be an attention to detail. My burger was good but my girlfriends chicken pot pie was very average. My salad was also average. All in all I think this is a fun place. I recommend it if a cool atmosphere is what you're looking for. I will definitely be back. This place has a lot of potential.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

This was our 1st visit and we will be going back. Food, service, selection, decor, were all excellent. The waitress recommended two of her favorite dishes, Serrano Salmon and Bacon wrapped scallops, and we were not disappointed. A bit pricey for the area but this is fine dining uncommon for this area.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

We actually had reservations for Monet's across the street but it was obvious that they weren't going to seat us on time & their staff was too busy to talk to us & others that were waiting. Went to this place instead & fell in love with it. Staff was super friendly, live music, & the food was outstanding. We now have a new favorite place & highly recommend going here.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

it is beautiful the french cuisine the decor is awesome and they have free wifi the passcode is cafe2015

1  Thank Amiyah R

Been to Cafe Lafayette? Share your experiences!