“Lafayette, we are here! Let me have a burger & a beer.”
Review of Cafe Lafayette

Cafe Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Chef Fred, formerly of Monet's, opened across the street in Exeter. I am now officially envious of Exeter, with yet another good restaurant. The menu is adequate, with enough variety for everyone, and a full bar awaits. What I like is the proximity, and the seating areas. Compared to other Exeter restaurants, I'm thinking of one in particular, this one has open tables, with space between them, and more room to spare. Yes! The staff is local, and friendly. I have not been disappointed, and look forward to another visit. Originally I went to hear a very talented young lady play guitar and cello, and then went back a couple more times for the food. Now, its my go to place for group dinners, as they easily accommodate groups of 6-10.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I've heard a few people talk about this restaurant and wanted to try it. The restaurant inside and out is beautiful and very comfortable. Mine and my husband's food was good wine was excilent . Our friends food was cold and the prime rib first one was over cooked and cold second was raw and cold of coarse. He sent it back and had waitress Brandy credit his bill. Brandy was awesome did a great job.

1  Thank anaferra2
Reviewed 30 August 2015

What a great little restaurant in an unexpected spot.
We dined here during a brief stop in Exeter. The restaurant is charming with a pretty patio in front and nicely decorated interior rooms. It is located in the downtown which was very nice with many small shops and restaurants.
The food is superior. I would expect to find this level only in a much larger city. The prices are very reasonable and everything we had was delicious. People of Exeter, you are very lucky to have this addition to your community.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

This restaurant has been open in Exeter for several months. The chef had previously been at Monet's, the other excellent restaurant in Exeter, and he and the wait staff are very attentive. There is a spacious and calm feeling and outdoor dining is available on the front patio. We especially enjoyed the occasions when there was live cello or guitar music. The food is very good. There is also a bar.

Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

Took a stroll in downtown Exeter for some shopping and passed by the inviting patio, couldn't help but stop in. Sat in patio and received fast service! Honeywheat bread was the best so I purchaed one to go! The montecristo was off the charts! Seriously the tastiest I've ever had! The scallop salad was refreshing and cooked to perfection. This is the 5th time I've eaten here and it's consistently the best!

Been to Cafe Lafayette? Share your experiences!