“I LIKE IT !!!! (A LOT)”

Exeter Whistle Stop
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Biscuits and gravy, the BEST omelets, and The VERY BEST hot roast turkey sandwich. Sheri, the owner has secret green beans, home made. If you have ever tasted better, please get a hold of me. There is not one thing I don't like about this place. Drive for miles and miles, you will not be disappointed. I have seen grumpy folks go in, and come out smiling. Customer service is the very best. Friendly place. Old town, old school taste, and a darn nice place!

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Charm, atmosphere and 'the best eatery secret in Exeter!
As we entered the proprietress, Sherry Forcum*, announced "Hello nice to see you! would you like to be seated at the deuce, or wait until we clear the 4-top"? We immediately felt like family!
Then server Jean, got us settled in with a menu and our beverages. We watched as ample scrumptious menu items were being delivered to the other hungry diners.
We scrutinized the selections and agonized over our decision (we are just going to have to return to sample more of the delightful options). Sherry arrived and patiently answered our questions, offered suggestions and allowed us some substitutions.
The food arrived plentiful, HOT and beautifully presented, such that we had left-overs that we enjoyed a few hours later.
So if you've read this review the secret is out. When you find yourself out and about in Tulare county, you'll need to eat - go to the Whistle Stop!

* We later discovered that Sherry owns, operates and takes pride in the food and service at her Exeter Whistle Stop :-)

Reviewed 28 September 2016

At the point when we found the Exeter Whistle Stop, we had been vacationing in the High Sierra region of California for nine days and except for the luscious fruits and vegetables, we had found California cuisine to be a bit foreign to our Southern palettes.
We were on our way back to Fresno for a late night flight home and had decided to revisit the delightful little town of Exeter. I asked a lady on the street about a good place to eat and she recommended this restaurant. Our plan was to locate it and check out the menu. I didn't even get in the door when I saw the daily special written on a board outside the restaurant.......FRIED CHICKEN, MASHED POTATOES, GRAVY and BISCUIT!! Needless to say, we had lunch at this wonderful little place operated by a lady from New York who is often helped by her friend from Kentucky. My husband and one of our friends had a great rueben sandwich and we all enjoyed sweet iced tea.

1  Thank gemcityer
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Try to come once or twice a month. The family loves the breakfast choices. I like the homemade chili. Has some nice spiciness. The omelets are another great choice.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Whistle stop is the cutest little train restaurant ever! Trains everywhere. The food is good- down home style. Very generous portions. The only drawback is the space is small and limited seating so get there early.

1  Thank Cherri S