All reviewscoffee and juiceno frillsan affordable pricestayed dayssan diegofree internetlots of parkingenjoyed my stayla jollathe managerswalking distance to the beachoceanbeachesleucadiacoastcaliforniafrig
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The worst lodging customer service I can remember receiving from a Choice property manager. My credit card was declined. I was in the process of calling my bank and the manager Chelsea told me that I should go outside to call them. There was no one else in line so I continued with my call and she interrupted me to let me know that if I didn't get my "stuff" off her counter (my credit card, identification and wallet), she would call the police. I'm still in shock. She treated me like I was dirt. I am a platinum member with Choice hotels. I contacted customer service and they canceled my reservation with that hotel and made a new reservation with a different local Choice hotel... where my credit card worked just fine.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Rodeway Inn is pretty basic, nothing fancy but it was clean even if it's not terribly modern. There was a little fridge in the room which was nice but no coffee maker-there is free instant coffee from a machine in the lobby though. I had booked seeing that the hotel was just a few blocks from the beach. However, the street that is beach side is lined with houses with no beach access nor even a peek at the water. To get beach access is a fair walk, especially if you are carrying any items.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerjon
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Rather limited area and small parling lot, one exit onto a one way so if you loop in to park you find yourself back out on the one way. AND around you go to drive .5 mile to come back to the hotel entrance. Funyy if it was not sad - tried to park my van safely in 3 spots and it was not possible. The 3 visitor’ areas had loads of space but i could not park in thise. Oh no ! They are for visitors. So said to the clerk i cannot stay here and he charged me one night stay - no attempt to help or suggest safe place to park. So I am going for my full $60 of complaining - and if they have doubled charged like some other clients have suggested I will be bringing all my van buddies to have a parkathon and see how many vans we can fit in there :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The price is right, the room is clean and sufficient and check-in was easy. I just needed a good nights sleep and unfortunately the bed was too hard for me to get that. The towels were a little thin but otherwise it’s a good location and would probably work well for many.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2018

My entire stay here was a nightmare. What was supposed to be a nice weekend near the beach turned into the WORST experience I've ever had with a hotel/motel.

The first problem came when I TRIED to check in. I had booked my stay through a third party website and had received confirmation of the reservation. When I arrived I was told the hotel never received the reservation, but I was in luck because they had one room left. After I checked in I checked my bank account, and they had "accidentally" charged me twice for the room deposit; once with the initial $75 deposit, and a second mysterious charge of $75.09. I figured it was a simple mistake, but when I went to ask the front desk what happened I was told over and over that the second charge didn't exist. I finally had to call my bank and put them on speaker phone to confirm that the extra sum had in fact been removed from my account.

The next morning I tried to speak to the manager as I was told they would be in in the morning. When I went to the front desk I asked politely to speak with a manager and was told "The manager isn't here right now" by Chelsea, who then informed me that low and behold she is actually the assistant manager. Is that not essentially the same thing? When I tried to ask about what happened the night before Chelsea increased her bad attitude and rude tone when speaking with me.

And finally upon check out, I never received reimbursement from my initial $75 room deposit. I called the hotel a few days later and was told because I checked out on a weekend the deposit would take a longer time to be reimbursed. After another week had passed I called back to inquire why this happened. Chelsea picked up the phone this time saying that I would not receive my refund because smoke was smelled in the room. There was never any smoke in the room during my stay. I fully expected them to lie again in order to try and steal my deposit. I ended up contacting Choice Hotel's customer service to try and resolve the matter; I never received contact from the hotel although they told Choice Hotels that they mailed me a letter with the proof of smoke in the room.

I have now reported the charges as fraudulent to my bank. This 2day stay was not worth the 3 weeks of stress and headache that followed!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple