All reviews large balcony moonlight beach ocean view pool area train station san diego free breakfast nice pool sofa bed spacious room the coaster breakfast area botanical gardens del mar pleasant stay walking distance easy access
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I had a fine stay at this hotel. The pool area was great. The hotel was in a great location. The rooms were great. I'm giving them 3 stars instead of 5 because when we booked the room, our confirmation said that check-out was at noon. I was happy to have a noon check-out, because we wanted to get in some pool time that morning before leaving. The morning we were checking out, I went to the front desk to get some pool towels and the receptionist told me that we needed to be out at 11am. I told her that I have an email confirmation stating hotel check-out was at noon. She said "we're almost to full capacity, so we changed our check-out time to 11am". I told her that it wasn't fair, for when I booked the hotel, it was noon. She said I was welcome to check out at noon, but I would be charged a half day fare. I won't be trusting Best Western confirmations in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara_Travels_1234
Atul K, General Manager at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have made notes of many of these concerns and will pass it along to make sure we can improve moving forward. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

My two boys and I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting Lego Land. Check in was fast and room was clean. We were able to get room with an ocean view to our left. That was a nice surprise. We always choose hotels with a complementary breakfast. The breakfast area was a mess. Cereal on the floor, syrup and waffle batter on the counters. I only saw one breakfast clerk. She was trying to replenish breakfast items and didn't have time to clean up the area or tables. I felt bad for her, its not her fault, they need to hire more staff for breakfast. The quality food does not match the price of what we paid at this hotel. I've been to MANY other hotels before (at this price range) that offered better UN-MICROWAVED food. Cheese omelets were clearly microwaved and so were the sausages, which was all they offered as far as hot items. I would recommend a better selection for hot food items.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 11nikkil

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I have stayed here twice and have had a great experience both times. Extremely friendly staff and amazing location! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone staying in the area

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured, that we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

There is a roof. It’s a few feet from our heads so we can move around comfortably. (“The ceiling is nice.”—-Mollie) The rooms do not not come with free clothing. A bloke on the street told us that. I think he heard wrong. The landscaping is gorgeous, but I’m going to sleep and will not watch it through the night. There are no mini fridges in the rooms, although there are small fridges. My hat ran.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cammeaux

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2018

While making a request at the front desk the only person working was watching a movie on a laptop, He did not pause the movie at first and just answered over his shoulder to me. When I needed clarification, as he was not understanding my question due to watching his movie, he finally paused his movie, looked over his shoulder at me and stated

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for falling short of your expectation. I assure you this was never our goal and we look forward to using your feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions. Thank you again and safe travels!