All reviews large balcony moonlight beach ocean view pool area train station san diego free breakfast nice pool sofa bed spacious room the coaster breakfast area botanical gardens del mar pleasant stay walking distance easy access
Reviewed 17 January 2017

The kitchenette was making utensils and pots
My other stays I had a very small fridge
Prefer kitchenette when I stay more than 2 or 3 nights
Would like some more GF option at breakfast
That's why I book kitchenette due dietary needs

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vicki H, General Manager at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

On a Christmas vacation....after leaving the beautiful Hilton Bayfront in San Diego..decided to stay here two nights...usually have good luck at BestWestern...
We were very tired from touring and hauled everything into room...late night....crashed...I had noticed some small blood spots in sheets before I went to sleep but was so tired....
Next morning my husband got up and looked at where he had laid......filthy, dirty sheets with old dried blood .....never washed
some cleaning person had thought they would just tidy the bed and not change the sheets ....Oh so gross!!! we just packed everything up....not staying another night...cancelled our second night ....went to the desk and said what we had found...
I took photos ...they did not want to see.
So we paid our bill $ 160US per night.....221$CND and left.
I got a call from Best Western that day ....They credited us $20 for the night. WOW!!!filthy hole ...
Felt the whole place was just dodgy ....never clean in the corners and someone was trying to just tidy the beds and not change the sheets.. yep Gross....
The Hilton was less money and spotless !

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Vicki H, General Manager at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

We are always striving to make our guests stay memorable. I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Clerk said 2:00 was ok. I landed early and called to,see if my room was ready. They said yes but it was $25. I told the guest services manager the clerk never mentioned the fee. He said "I don't know that for sure". Basically calling me a liar....I was appalled and asked him to please waive the fee, he said owner would not allow it. You have lost me as a customer over $25 when my bill was almost $600. Bad business and he was very rude!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vicki H, General Manager at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologize for this experience. Our goal is to accommodate early check in's when it is possible. Rudeness, however is not acceptable.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We have stayed at this BW many times and have seen better service and times. I am also a BW Rewards member, so it's in my best interests to stay at BW. To start off with we were asked to make a choice when we booked our reservations for their reception gift bag consisting of a couple free waters and snacks or BW Rewards Points. That's never happened before. Second, while walking my dogs out in front of the property the housekeeper was sweeping the debris from one of the balconies into the drain that opens up just above us. I looked up and she just smiled. Upon check in (Room 128) which is supposed to be a non smoking room my dog comes up with a Flavored Cherry Vapor ampule, which she (a pup) almost ingested. So I bring it to the evening clerk (5:30pm), and asked for the Mgr to call me. No call from the Mgr. The breakfast buffet was pathetic and not well stocked. The little doggie relief area did not have any poop bags in its container. Upon check out I asked to speak to the Mgr, I believe her name was Ms. Hinkle. Ms. Hinkle had no idea what I was talking about and inquired whether I still had the ampule. No, I gave that to the clerk with the instructions to call me. I was VERY disappointed in her response and review. I believe a discount should have been offered or a free night's credit in the future. I usually stay at this BW for the cycling and running events, but I don't see that in the future.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Vicki H, General Manager at Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

My apologies for not meeting your expectations. I feel that the comments you have made in your review should have been directed to me personally.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Great place to relax and enjoy beautiful views of ocean on the large balcony off the bedroom. We have stayed here several times and always are happy with our room. We stay on the third floor to have maximum view.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Encinitas.