“Best Brisket I have had anywhere”
Review of Brett's BBQ

Brett's BBQ
Ranked #71 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Brett's is a legit pit BBQ joint that obviously puts a lot of care and attention into their product.

Their brisket is fantastic. Highly recommend it. The coleslaw and other sides are great too.

I am not a huge fan of the ribs because they don;t fall off the bone, but I also understand that a lot of purists prefer them this way.

But I could eat the brisket here for breakfast lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Had lunch here with a friend yesterday and enjoyed a great BBQ Brisket Sandwich. Good bun and excellent shredded brisket. Very flavorful with plenty of bark from the smoker. Came with a large side of coleslaw which was also very good.
Somewhat surprised by the lack of a crowd here, but I guess it's not the easiest place to get into from Encinitas Blvd. No excuses though, Brett's is definitely worth finding.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We often come here with family and visitors for a great local BBQ experience. We always get some ribs, brisket, and chicken. We have found it consistent and enjoyable.
The atmosphere isnt great I think due to TVs and the wooden floor but it's fine for a quick dinner. Love their washing station so the rib eaters can clean up nicely!

Reviewed 28 January 2017

I have to agree with Patty8888 that this place is mediocre, but I'm willing to give them an extra star.

Came in for a late dinner with friends after a long day around San Diego. Not too many people here compared to the absolutely hopping Rock Bottom Brewery that we had to pass up. Like others have mentioned, you order at the counter and get your food pretty fast no matter what. While the sandwiches look worth their weight in price and my friends had the pulled pork ones, they were nothing special. Neither was my half rack of ribs with chicken and two sides, but I thought it was a better deal to get a half rack along with your choice of a second meat for basically $5 more.

The chicken was the best part. I loved the seasoning and BBQ sauce. Ribs were fine. I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to sauces with a kick, but this place was pretty mild. Only major downside is that whatever spice combo they use for the rub ended up smelling like menthol to me. Every so often I'd get a good whiff or taste and it would feel like I was eating Vicks vaporrub. Otherwise, meat was tender, not quite fall off the bone, but good enough for a quick meal.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Recommended by friends who live in Solana Beach, this is a walk in and order at the counter type restaurant, but boy do they serve the most amazing amount of wonderful BBQ and side dishes! The meat and side dish choices took us more than several minutes to scroll through before we were ready to order. Each of us ended up with way more than we could eat (so we took home the leftovers)! They sell a small variety of bottled or draft beer, wine comes in a small sized individual bottle (I tried the chardonnay and it was ok) and have a fountain drink machine for non-alcoholic choices. The dining room was nice and clean with several large tables, booths, and 4 tops, so a great place to bring your entire family if BBQ is what you have a taste for! I do believe they have a drive-thru window too.