“Excellent food”

East Village Asian Diner
Ranked #29 of 328 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Had the monk's stone pot and it was excellent. It's served in a hot stone bowl so beware of the dish but it tasted great. Restaurant was quiet when I was there so I can't comment on the atmosphere much but it was clear the servers got on with each other. I would recommend eating here if you're in Encinitas.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I ordered the what my waitress suggested the Monk Bowl, wow a lot of food and also very good I would recommend this restaurant but remember it gets full very fast in the evening very popular now that the word is spreading.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious noodles and hot pots that can be customized. Side salad was just so-so. Could use more dressing. Peanut noodles could use more peanuts and sauce. Nice atmosphere—kind of retro diner in feel.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Do not allow the modest looks of this small cafe deceive you. We literally stumbled upon this Asian Fusion hole-in-the-wall and were enticed by our neighboring table's steaming Monk Bowls. It was absolutely delicious and stayed piping hot to the last spoonful, thanks to the heat of the stone bowl!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Tried this joint with some friends on a Saturday night. Place gets full fast, but we had friendly, attentive and swift service. We all got the monk bowl and I was very happy to sub out rice for kale, as I am not much on grains. The bowl was tasty from the first bite to the last. After that hot food, I wanted something cool so my friend and I each got the seaweed cucumber salad which was a perfect conclusion to a delicious meal. Looking forward to my next visit to East Village!!