“small and expensive”

Darshan Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #101 of 328 Restaurants in Encinitas
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The bakery is tiny and seems popular with elderly ladies who come to chat and nibble. I had a latte and a tiny piece of pastry which turned out to rather on the expensive side. Kind of surprising, given the bakery name.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

To be fair, I only ordered a vanilla latte made with almond milk. Don't get me wrong, they offer pastries that are works of art but I was hoping for something a little more on the healthy side. Maybe because "darshan" means "an opportunity or occasion of seeing a holy person or the image of a deity." The Self-Realization Fellowship temple is nearby. I went there to look for the holy person.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Loved enjoying a Chai Tea after our stroll through the gardens at the Self Realization Center. The chocolate almond croissant was yummy, too. This is a happy place. I appreciated the joyful attitude of the man who assisted me and my friends. I definitely will visit next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Tiny bakery and cafe on B street near the Self Realization Temple. I love the baguettes. I make pan de jamon with them. (ask me and I'll share the recipe) - they are simply the best. They are different from any other baguette you can buy in Encinitas. The Focaccia is also wonderful with their sandwiches. I also think they have the best quiche in the world. I love the mushroom quiche. I don't know how they get the filling so custard-like. Absolutely delectable. It's expensive here, so bring your cash. I don't believe they take credit cards. they use high quality organic products and the food is excellent. Try the soup! To die for.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Darshan is known by the locals. A good way to know if the locals love a place is to look for a bulletin board. Inside on the right hand side you'll find one with cards and postings for roommates wanted. Locals frequent this place every day for the fantastic baked goods. It's well-known for its quiches and flans but all the baked goods are tasty.