“My local favorite Thai”

Thai Society
Ranked #88 of 303 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I no longer drive to Del Mar for Thai. Excellent lunch spot with their lunch plates that include a small soup, salad, rice and entree. Small but aestetically pleasing. Staff is attentive and the food is excellent. Spice factor can be hard to determine. I tend to go with medium and add heat if needed.
Also have been here for dinner, which was also excellent. Because it is so small, it feels crowded and is definitely noisy if full. Luckily my friends are happy to just sit and enjoy dinner and catch up later to chat it up. Wait time is never long. My personal favorite is the aubergine (eggplant) with chicken. I usually request extra aubergine!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Best Thai curry I had in a very long time. The restaurant was recommend by someone who spend a lot of time in Thailand. And she is right. Can't wait to go back and try the entire menu!

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed. They left out a full meal from our order. Go home and noticed it was missing. Now I have to drive all the way back and pick up the missing dish.

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

Had the tom Kha coconut soup with vegetables and it was great. The chix date with peanut sauce was very good as well
The Unfried spring rolls were good not great and the tofu pad Thai was also good. We did take out and next time I will dine in. Thai food noodle dishes taste better fresh
Good spot in the neighborhood though I will be back for that soup!!

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

The food and ambiance were both well above what I was expecting.
I had thought this was mostly a to-go type place, or "order at the counter". But no, full service at the tables.
Very good value.