“So sad that they have closed.”

Manhattan Giant Pizza
Ranked #85 of 318 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I had just arrived in Encinitas for a visit with a friend when I learned that (1) this was the best pizza place in the area and (2) it was closing THAT DAY! Of course the family I was staying with wanted a final meal from them. The staff was friendly and explained (probably to hundreds of people) why they were closing (building sold). The pizza was yummy. I caught a glimpse of the "giant" pizza - and it certainly lived up to its name. I'm not sure if it will re-open in a different location but, if it does, go there!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We lived in Encinitas shortly and I really liked taking my kiddos here. We would walk around downtown, then stop here for some pizza, and then head over to Moonlight Beach. The slices are huge and the prices are good. You can sit inside or outside, and the staff is always very friendly! Great location. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Excellent! Always looking for that Philadelphia taste! This comes pretty close! Get the giant ones, less crust and more yummy

Reviewed 3 May 2016

The wife and I love cruising the coast when we have nothing to do. We live in Murrieta CA. Since I am always scoping out possible dive spots, we found this Pizzeria by accident. This hole in the wall, makes the pizza you would find in Little Italy downtown San Diego. Even when it gets cold, the cheese is still soft and stretchy as it should be. The sauce is what I grew up with (grew up with Siciliani and Italians) We took my sister-in-law there a few times and my niece. My sis-in-law has been to New York and Europe many times. She loves it like we do. It is a tiny place, but they have tables and chairs outside. Very casual. Friendly people run this place. And yes, this pizza passes the "Cold Pizza" test. And, yes, it is huge.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

Kids love this pizza. Ask them to kid cut it and they cut it into squares or else the slices are huge! We've had them deliver to us at the beach which is a huge plus on top of the fact that its good.