“If You Go Here, You Should Know...”
Review of Philz Coffee

Philz Coffee
Ranked #8 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Encinitas
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

...that you get a private brewer! Taste it before walking off. They will adjust the blend exactly to
Your liking. It was simply the best coffee experience of my life.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We tried one of the medium blends today and it was just too much bitterness for us. The staff is super friendly and attentive. The avocado toast was very good. Note: they put any cream or sugar in the drink and if you want more you would have to go back up to the counter.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I hardly expected to have the Mint Mojito Iced Coffee be so swoon-worthy good, and one sip told me I was super glad to have ordered the large. Yes, it cost a whopping $5.50, but it was so enjoyable that this was all I needed as my weekend taste treat.

The vibe of Philz is very pleasant and comfortable for solos, duos, or small groups, with nice seating including comfy chairs and couches, plus outside tables and chairs. They had samples of a couple muffin types available at the counter and both were exceptionally tasty. Okay, so that’s not hard to do when chocolate chips are involved, but they really were good.

Lots of coffee, tea, and nibbling options are available but I think that the iced Mint Mojito is going to be my thing.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

The staff here are the best. One of them actually gave me my coffee for free since it was my first time at Philz. I had the Jacob's Wonderbar. It was truly a revelation. This coffee had a wonderful rich chocolate quality to it but without the poor quality of flavored coffee. Since then I've purchased Philz beans but I can't reproduce what the staff did at the shop. The cream--supposedly just a touch--may have something to do with it. This is a coffee destination for all coffee lovers.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Philz has great coffee, with a nice variety to choose from. The staff are friendly and cordial, and it is easily accessible in downtown Encinitas on highway 101.