1,469 results
All reviews front desk san francisco bay bridge gas station hilton garden mountain view easy access hotel shuttle parking fee convenient location hotel restaurant free shuttle emery go round king bed light sleeper hgi freeway
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

From the outside it’s tough to know what the inside holds in store. But I was pleasantly surprised to find the lobby and dining areas modenized. The front desk staff was a bit aloof and not as friendly as other properties. I stayed on the 12th floor and my room was a suite and bedroom. There was ample space with traditional fittings, couch desk, TV’s etc. The room looked like it wss updated with the past 5-6 years and it was clean. The bed was comfortable. Compared to downtown SF, the picing was 20% less. 20 minutes from Oakland Airport and or downtown SF.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Thanks for your "This Hotel is Nice and Reasonable Priced for the Area" review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do try to price point our hotel for the area to be of a Best Value. Thanks also for sharing your experience with our staff which could have been warmer for you- point noted.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The hotel is very easy (and cheap) to get to via public transportation (I used the BART and the free EmergyGoRound). I was recommended by the front desk to try the nearby Public Market food court for dinner (15 minute walk) and it was nice. The room, while smaller than I had expected, is comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Julia for your Fantastic review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Transportation could be a huge deterrent if you let it but you found the right solution for your needs. I'm glad the staff gave you some good recommendations that you enjoyed to enhance your experience.
Thanks

Reviewed 8 September 2018

This property is far from luxurious and our room was small. However, there are other factors that make up for the "lack of luxury." First, the Front Desk staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast staff is also very good and eager to please.

The hotel provides a free shuttle within a three-mile radius. However, one must book 24 hours in advance. Plus, there is no shuttle service between 9:50 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. During those times, one can take the free Emeryville shuttle that stops on Powell Street on the right of the Powell Street entrance to the hotel.

We took advantage of the free hotel shuttle to get to the BART MacArthur stop and had a convenient and cheap ($10.10 per person) ride to SFO.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks bamboola for your Awesome 5 Star review "First Visit, Will Return" says it all. It sounded like our staff really impacted you on our delivery during your stay. I think one of the most difficult challenges is getting around this highly congested area where we are located but you found the right formula - Great Job !
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

The bay views are lovely here. The staff was absolutely magnificent! We will stay here again. Wonderful location with restaurants within walking distance and a walking trail right across the street alongside the water.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Incredible Tinkerbell for your 5 Star "Wonderful Hotel" Review of our Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Sounded like a magical experience. I am so glad that you found our staff to be magnificent !

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Booked hotel the morning of the actual stay. I'm a Hilton Honors member and I was able to snag one of the last remaining bay view rooms at a great price. Mind you, the room was right behind the elevator banks. It wasn't too bad. Because I was right behind them, my room was configured differently. The bathroom was somewhat in the middle towards the back of the elevator banks and the view of SF bay was great until the fog rolled in. I did get a great view of the twinkling lights of the Bay Bridge.

All in all, I thought the room was very good. The housekeeping staff must have used some sort of "Febreze" on the bedspread which made it very fragrant. I loved it! The bed was very comfortable including the comforter and the pillows. I usually have problems with the room AC staying on too long, but it was just perfect. I had a great stay! Elevators were fast. I did have a minor problem with the digital key, but it was find afterwards. Every staff person I encountered were great.

Caveat...breakfast and parking is extra, but you do have in/out privileges. Message to management, the curtains were slightly torn and it didn't close all the way. It would be a major concern for rooms with a sunrise.

Room tip: Odd-numbered rooms have the bay view, if you can get one. (E.g., fog) Not Hilton's fault.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks Carino for your Awesome "Last Minute Stay" with us at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I'm glad that your HHonors status was able to get you an upgrade to a Bay View and enjoy on of our unusually rooms. I know you will not believe it but that type room that wraps around the elevator is my favorite room for all the reasons that you pointed out - it is so different.